I've found my next project ... Rainwater Collection and Storage ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My folks house, built in the early 20s had a cement cistern. Unfornately it had a crack and wouldn't hold water so we ended up filling it in. It had all the downspouts channeled to it and was a pretty neat setup.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got 3 of those 550 gal containers under my lean-to. They only had Hydrogen Peroxide in them, so they should be pretty clean. I haven't done anything with them, but could set something up pretty quick if I had to.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
is it safe to drink water that you've caught from your roof? If its an asphalt shingle? I assume metal would be ok?
Or should you only use that water for irrigation?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
is it safe to drink water that you've caught from your roof? If its an asphalt shingle? I assume metal would be ok?
Or should you only use that water for irrigation?

I'm still pondering (errr ... "researching") this issue. This same guy (LDSPrepper) drinks water (has some Youtube videos showing how well his Berkey works) collected from his roof apparently, but I gotta say, Berkey filter or not, it would not be my first choice. Still ...

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not drink my roof water..
But if i had to i would filter it first.

Now i did see a complete in home waste water set up on one of the home shows.
poop and pee and laundry water went in and about 4 containers later clean water comes out..Dude drank it too..

So many places have scarce water supply and they waste none of it..
In America we have so much we poop in it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom