Jeep Guys/Gals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160306_72791f9a608c3d5abaac1eb76932fb89.jpg

My (wife's) jeep. 2.5" TeraFlex, 34" terra grapplers, bumper, winch, sliders. We've been out to keystone and gruber mostly, and always seem to be extracting that bronco from some sort of mess. She's not 'finished' with it yet, but we have a little one on the way so it's on the back burner for now.

Last edited:

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice. I've got a 2012 GLI, first year of the Mk6. Mine has been tuned for since 2k miles and turbo-swapped for 80k of the 90k miles. Will probably be picking up a 2017 Tiguan R or R-line, depending on what configurations VWoA offers. Looking forward to new gen motor, AWD, and DSG, all of which will be tuned from Day 1.

I've had mine since last April and I've seen maybe 3 GLIs around here since. They could have all possibly been the same one, too, considering they were all gray.

Having the Gen 3 motor, I'm limited on tunes and bolt-ons, unfortunately. No big turbo options for me unless I want to shell out $$$ for custom fab work. I've been talking with the people from Eurodyne on getting something set up for me, though. They offer Gen 3 support, but considering all the ECU revisions, it's not support all across the board.

I'm also awaiting the 2017 Tiguan R, but am considering a brand new Golf R, as well.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had mine since last April and I've seen maybe 3 GLIs around here since. They could have all possibly been the same one, too, considering they were all gray.

Having the Gen 3 motor, I'm limited on tunes and bolt-ons, unfortunately. No big turbo options for me unless I want to shell out $$$ for custom fab work. I've been talking with the people from Eurodyne on getting something set up for me, though. They offer Gen 3 support, but considering all the ECU revisions, it's not support all across the board.

I'm also awaiting the 2017 Tiguan R, but am considering a brand new Golf R, as well.

I have APR and would recommend the highly. Conservative but well tested and smooth power. I was a beta-tester for their current K04 software and they tweaked and tuned based odd the beta pools recommendations and the power and smoothness is quite good.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have APR and would recommend the highly. Conservative but well tested and smooth power. I was a beta-tester for their current K04 software and they tweaked and tuned based odd the beta pools recommendations and the power and smoothness is quite good.

APR only just released Gen 3 software about 2 months ago and there's still some wrinkles they're ironing out. Eurodyne offers a buy-one-get-all package on their tunes and they can be done from home. A lot of people also prefer Eurodyne's torque curve over most others.

However, Burger and Cobb are about to release Gen 3 tunes, as well. So perhaps I could stand back for just a bit longer and see what they bring.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
APR only just released Gen 3 software about 2 months ago and there's still some wrinkles they're ironing out. Eurodyne offers a buy-one-get-all package on their tunes and they can be done from home. A lot of people also prefer Eurodyne's torque curve over most others.

However, Burger and Cobb are about to release Gen 3 tunes, as well. So perhaps I could stand back for just a bit longer and see what they bring.

Admittedly, I haven't stayed up to date on the Gen 3 software status and haven't joined Golmk7 since no crossover compatibility but I guess I should because as long as they offer a 2017 Tiguan with DSG and AWD in a R-line (Preferably and actual R version) I will be a buyer and will be tuned from Day 1 as long as DSG and Haldex software is out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom