John Deere to mexico

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed to a point. It's the corporate greed that chaps my six. No need for American workers to loose their jobs because of it. Especially when a company pulls in billions in profit, giving CEOs multi million dollar bonuses. Then closing up shop and moving operations to another country just to increase their already high profits at the expense of the ones that made it possible.
What they pay the ceo is not our business
If the board, company didn’t like it wouldn’t happen

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What they pay the ceo is not our business
If the board, company didn’t like it wouldn’t happen
A CEOs primary responsibility is value to shareholders / stakeholders. I'm guessing many, if not most, of us with a 401(k), IRAs, etc. have some stake in Deere. I want the CEOs of companies that I have investments with to maximize profitability and return on my investment. If that means reducing labor costs by sending jobs to another country then so be it. Pay rates in the US should be competitively based. Unions disrupt the competition in pay / benefit rates.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A CEOs primary responsibility is value to shareholders / stakeholders. I'm guessing many, if not most, of us with a 401(k), IRAs, etc. have some stake in Deere. I want the CEOs of companies that I have investments with to maximize profitability and return on my investment. If that means reducing labor costs by sending jobs to another country then so be it. Pay rates in the US should be competitively based. Unions disrupt the competition in pay / benefit rates.
I know how it works,
A company that large needs a front man,
He is it, he gets paid for his value not only the job he does. Looks like he is definitely maximizing profits.
If you can do better than jump on it

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The board never disagrees with CEO salaries and perks, because they are inline to reap those potentially.
That’s not true. I’m on 3 different boards, I object all the time. There is no reason other than greed to give ourselves a raise if it’s not needed.
We put that money back into the companies and when time we give ourselves a raise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom