John Deere to mexico

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And the workers likely wouldn't lose jobs due to companies moving if the business climate in this country wasn't so difficult due to government.

I get what you're saying, I just think the bulk of the problem lies with a predatory government.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Greedy Worker's caused this.
They are overpaid and shut down production in 2021 and will shut down production in 2027 again.
If a worker that is laid off, cannot find a job at his current wage and same benefits, if provers that he is overpaid.
Corporate income of 10 billion is before Federal & State income Tax and Dividends for investors.

Divide the 10 billion (less taxes & dividends) by the number of shares to get the rate of return per share.

How many workers have been buying JD stock for the total time they worked for JD.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
nothing new for so called american companies..

John Deere is sparking outrage by laying off American workers and moving more of its agricultural equipment manufacturing to Mexico.

Since October 2023, more than 1,000 John Deere workers have either been laid off or pushed into an early retirement across several plants in Iowa and Illinois.

In many instances, production that these US workers were responsible for has been shifted to new locations in Mexico. The company was founded 187 years ago.

More layoffs are expected later this year - despite John Deere raking in over $10 billion in profit in 2023 while also paying CEO John May $26.7 million in total compensation.

A longtime John Deere worker at the Harvester Works plant in East Moline, Illinois, told The Guardian it comes down to one thing: Greed.
There was an air conditioner manufacturer that decided to do the same thing until Trump said he would tariff every unit sold in the USA, just like Mexico tarrifs our products going to them.
The company backed off and remains in the US today.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Greedy Worker's caused this.
They are overpaid and shut down production in 2021 and will shut down production in 2027 again.
If a worker that is laid off, cannot find a job at his current wage and same benefits, if provers that he is overpaid.
Corporate income of 10 billion is before Federal & State income Tax and Dividends for investors.

Divide the 10 billion (less taxes & dividends) by the number of shares to get the rate of return per share.

How many workers have been buying JD stock for the total time they worked for JD.
Let’s put the fault where it lays. It’s the union.
Just like the unions drove steel making out of the USA.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Need to tarrif the **** out of American companies products when they do **** like this.
When Trump put all the Chinese tariffs into affect, the “OEM’s” passed all the tariffs costs to the consumer. All the tariffs went into some holding area. Then after 18 months or so the “OEM’s” could file for a rebate on the tariff money they put out.

They damn sure didn’t pass the rebate onto the consumer. They pocketed it.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there any John Deere love anymore?

I didn't think so...
I'm no expert at all but in my very limited experience.
Just like some other American companies, John Deere went through a phase where you spent more time working ON their equipment, than getting work done WITH their equipment.
That bull hockey did it for me.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the 1970s CEOs made 20-30 times what the worker made.

As of 2022, CEOs make roughly 344 times worker pay.

Always gotta be a good cop/bad cop scene- more divisive politics aimed at dividing Americans, and aiding international interests. Blaming unions is convenient, yet wholly inaccurate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom