Judas Iscariot: Bad Guy or Cosmic Patsy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Was Judas Guilty?

• Bad Guy

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Messianic Lee Harvey Oswald

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Books, stop with the booze.

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lynx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This touches on something that has bothered me when I was a little kid. Most religions, not just Christianity, teach that their God is the one true God and any other is "false". Doesnt your religion depend more on the area and family you are born into more than which one you believe is right? As most traditional Christians believe, a Buddhist monk who lived a peaceful life and never hurt anyone will go to hell because he did not accept Jesus as his lord and savior. Same with early Native Americans and people of many other religions who lived what we would consider "good lives". The Bible says that everyone on earth will hear the word of God but we know that not everyone has had the Bible taught to them. I find it difficult to accept that just because someone was born on the other side of the planet that they will be condemned to "burn in Hell" for all eternity even though they lived good lives.

The truths of religion are never so well understood as by those who have lost the power of reasoning. – Voltaire

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Partially correct , there were 13, kingjames took one out , as he did not believe that Kind was good enough to be thought well of.
They were thought to be beneath the other 12.
Also where the unlucky # 13 came from....look it up?

Why? 'Cause I'm a black man.

www.movieactors.com_freezeframes510_dogma160.jpeg

papal

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I think the point is that to some degree we are ALL Judas Iscariot.....and hence need a Savior.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted for stop hitting the sauce since my view of the bible is as a book of historical fiction. Just wish it had more zombies in it to keep it interesting. :)

Well, there were those demons that Jesus cast out. Would those count as zombies?

Otherwise, as time goes on, there are archeological findings that do tend to verify events in the Bible. I certainly wouldn't call it "historical fiction." I also know a biblical scholar that has worked with the Dead Sea Scrolls and he wouldn't call it fiction either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom