Judas Iscariot: Bad Guy or Cosmic Patsy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Was Judas Guilty?

• Bad Guy

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Messianic Lee Harvey Oswald

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Books, stop with the booze.

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your concern for my drinking touches my heart...

You don't leave enough for the rest of us.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that there is an old Hebrew legend saying that Judas was the first vampire. That God made him that way after he hung himself as punishment for betraying Jesus.

elance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
judas gets the blame, but he wasn't the only one who betrayed Jesus .

"i dont know this man"-peter
as for example

god knows our hearts. judas was impatient, self important and sorry .
did he have the capability to do harm until he was picked? would noone else fit the bill?

i have betrayed Him myself, and though my name isn't in the Book for everyone to see, im thankful that an author has wrote it in another.

i'm also thankful for my chance to say here, i am a sinner. no different from you or anyone else. i'm not good enough, nor have i done enough, or have i paid enough to get to heaven .
and thankfully that isn't what it takes!

do we have a choice or predestiny ? well i choose Jesus . im also thankful i have the lack of faith in my ability to have understanding of all things Godly .

God bless and keep you through these holidays.
elance

as for zombies in the bible, an army of them is not enough? Ezekiel 37
ps i also believe the bible is literal

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't believe in pre-destination. If it's true, then my salvation needs no action on my part.

I've heard before that Judas was following Jesus for political reasons, thinking that the new kingdom was going to be an earthly one, and not understanding what Jesus was really teaching. Then when he did understand it, he became disillusioned and turned against Christ.

I think that God planned for someone to betray Christ, and Judas fit the bill, so that's how it happened. Keep in mind too that there were more than 12 disciples. It's just that the 12 were the inner circle. If Judas hadn't done it, one of the couple of hundred other close followers would have done it.

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Book of Judas paints a very different picture. It says that Christ asked Judas to do what he did and planned all the events leading up to his death. It also describes Judas as one of Christ's closest followers that he taught many things to that he didn't teach the others.

This might be a little controversial, my view of Christian religions is to many people usually is, but the Gnostic Gospels sat unmolested for the last 1,000-1,500 years unlike the Bible which has been changed over the years, unintentionally through mis translation and intentionally by people in power. The Council of Nicea gave the priests in the church "divine" power as well as the Pope and was commissioned by Charlemagne to unite the region under one religion. Many of the things in our modern Bible were centers of controversy back then. The only book that Christ taught from we know of is the Book of Enoch.

Now for the controversial bit. My personal opinion is that Christ did not come here so that we would worship him as the son of God but instead to set an example of how we should live. This is what he meant by "I am the way, the truth, and the light. No one goes to the Father except through me." Not by praying to him, but by following his actions and doing as he did.

I know many disagree, but it usually sparks some interesting conversation.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I can't believe in pre-destination. If it's true, then my salvation needs no action on my part.

I've heard before that Judas was following Jesus for political reasons, thinking that the new kingdom was going to be an earthly one, and not understanding what Jesus was really teaching. Then when he did understand it, he became disillusioned and turned against Christ.

I think that God planned for someone to betray Christ, and Judas fit the bill, so that's how it happened. Keep in mind too that there were more than 12 disciples. It's just that the 12 were the inner circle. If Judas hadn't done it, one of the couple of hundred other close followers would have done it.

So if you believe that he planned for Judas to betray, why not believe that he can plan to save you from the beginning?

I think elance will get what I'm about to say.
It's hard for some to believe that God will save some and not others. Yes he's a loving God, but also a God who has his plan and purpose. Humans don't love like God does, His love is unconditional, whereas ours most often is conditional based on works. Will a Christian love everyone who constantly betrays him? No, because we're still human, still sinful and not capable of loving like God can. I believe that free wiil was created by man so that he can tell himself that he has some say in his salvation. Do I believe that God controls our every action, no....our salvation, yes. If a man is born into sin, how and why would one decide to on their own, just out of the blue, to accept Christ? Guilt? What would make us feel guilty enough to completely go against an urge or instinct that we're born with? IMO that can't happen w/o the Holy Spirit, which is sent from God as he see's fit for his purpose. There's nothing I can do, no works good enough. I can have in Him though, that he knows what's best for me. Not knocking anyone's beliefs or idea's, just stating mine, and I'm probably in the minority. Everyone has their convictions about what they believe:)

If you look at all of the people who were around Christ while he was on Earth, who saw him, saw his works and miracles, and yet they still did not all follow or want to follow him. Why were they not convinced? Why did they just continue their ways? Christians today believe based on faith, and faith alone. Faith in his Word. Those people were seeing and hearing of him first hand, and yet they still did not all believe and follow, why?? Not God's plan?

To me it's awesome to think that I didn't have to do anything to gain salvation, just faith and trust in Him. Sure makes it simple, answers a lot of questions, and just makes life pretty simple. Does this allow me to live a trouble and care free life? Nope, but it's nice to be worry free, knowing that he still takes care of me, regardless of my failures and shortcomings.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Partially correct , there were 13, kingjames took one out , as he did not believe that Kind was good enough to be thought well of.
They were thought to be beneath the other 12.
Also where the unlucky # 13 came from....look it up?

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were to say that there was no such thing as evil, only the perception of evil, how would most people feel about that? Everything was created by God, including Hitler, rapists, child molesters, and any other nasty thing you can think of. The challenge is then learning to love and forgive those who are the worst among us. You will hardly ever hear someone say I forgive and send my love to Hitler and his followers but that is what Jesus taught us to do. We should love and Muslims, Christians, Jews, Buddhists, and Satanists as we love ourselves. If we lived in a world where no wrong was done, what would we learn from that. IMO opinion, this planet is a school in which we learn the lessons of limitation and how to turn darkness into light.

This touches on something that has bothered me when I was a little kid. Most religions, not just Christianity, teach that their God is the one true God and any other is "false". Doesnt your religion depend more on the area and family you are born into more than which one you believe is right? As most traditional Christians believe, a Buddhist monk who lived a peaceful life and never hurt anyone will go to hell because he did not accept Jesus as his lord and savior. Same with early Native Americans and people of many other religions who lived what we would consider "good lives". The Bible says that everyone on earth will hear the word of God but we know that not everyone has had the Bible taught to them. I find it difficult to accept that just because someone was born on the other side of the planet that they will be condemned to "burn in Hell" for all eternity even though they lived good lives.

Latest posts

Top Bottom