Judas Iscariot: Bad Guy or Cosmic Patsy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Was Judas Guilty?

• Bad Guy

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Messianic Lee Harvey Oswald

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Books, stop with the booze.

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, there were those demons that Jesus cast out. Would those count as zombies?

Otherwise, as time goes on, there are archeological findings that do tend to verify events in the Bible. I certainly wouldn't call it "historical fiction." I also know a biblical scholar that has worked with the Dead Sea Scrolls and he wouldn't call it fiction either.

Could it Just be ...."all part of The Plan"...?... 8)

OH the Dead Sea ,Must have been privy to... Some zombytes...LOL

Lynx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, there were those demons that Jesus cast out. Would those count as zombies?

Otherwise, as time goes on, there are archeological findings that do tend to verify events in the Bible. I certainly wouldn't call it "historical fiction." I also know a biblical scholar that has worked with the Dead Sea Scrolls and he wouldn't call it fiction either.

There are events described in the bible that likely did happen. But since all the events therein were written after the fact, it's can be no more than a history book. Add in some characters and a premise that the writers belonged to a group that was chosen by God, and shazam, a book that that supports a political agenda of that group to be lorded over all other groups. This superiority seems to be contrary to a god who the claims that he loves all the world (John 3:16) yet loves them more. Unreasonable thought process in my opinion. I find it interesting that Jesus never wrote anything in the bible yet I'm told to believe and have faith that he God himslef in human form. It does seem reasonable that something intelligent designed this universe and all within it based on the scientific evidence that nature presents. I just have seen no evidence that this intelligent being involves himself in human events. Everything that happens today was a ressult of cause and effect yesterday. Nothing devine about that. I stick to my view that the bible is historical fiction. :)

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are events described in the bible that likely did happen. But since all the events therein were written after the fact, it's can be no more than a history book. Add in some characters and a premise that the writers belonged to a group that was chosen by God, and shazam, a book that that supports a political agenda of that group to be lorded over all other groups. This superiority seems to be contrary to a god who the claims that he loves all the world (John 3:16) yet loves them more. Unreasonable thought process in my opinion. I find it interesting that Jesus never wrote anything in the bible yet I'm told to believe and have faith that he God himslef in human form. It does seem reasonable that something intelligent designed this universe and all within it based on the scientific evidence that nature presents. I just have seen no evidence that this intelligent being involves himself in human events. Everything that happens today was a ressult of cause and effect yesterday. Nothing devine about that. I stick to my view that the bible is historical fiction. :)

Considering what went into choosing what "books" would be in the Bible, those that did the choosing looked at things in those books that were also verified by historians at the time, by eye witnesses, and by family of eye witnesses that could verify that their family member(s) did tell of those events. That sort of takes it out of the "fiction" category if other accounts at the time can verify the events.

All in all, when the judgement comes, it will be God that makes the decisions. Those of us on Earth that think we are doing right might be surprised at His judgement.

I've been told by a Roman Catholic that their priest said that the Catholics followed the Canon more so than the Bible. This Catholic that told me this also believes that the Bible is just a "good book." However, since the different "councils" is what produced the Canon, I'd say that their "doctrine" is newer than the doctrine within the Bible and is based more on a "consensus" of what the participants of the councils could agree on. Thus, I doubt God will completely agree with that consensus.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I figure the intellectual ability of most on OSA transcends bacon. (This is where someone has to make an obligatory post about either their arduous passion for bacon, or its glorious attributes as a modern day Ambrosia).

OSA has many fine minds (even if some spend their time in the gutter).

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Considering what went into choosing what "books" would be in the Bible, those that did the choosing looked at things in those books that were also verified by historians at the time, by eye witnesses, and by family of eye witnesses that could verify that their family member(s) did tell of those events. That sort of takes it out of the "fiction" category if other accounts at the time can verify the events.

All in all, when the judgement comes, it will be God that makes the decisions. Those of us on Earth that think we are doing right might be surprised at His judgement.

I've been told by a Roman Catholic that their priest said that the Catholics followed the Canon more so than the Bible. This Catholic that told me this also believes that the Bible is just a "good book." However, since the different "councils" is what produced the Canon, I'd say that their "doctrine" is newer than the doctrine within the Bible and is based more on a "consensus" of what the participants of the councils could agree on. Thus, I doubt God will completely agree with that consensus.

I could conscribe to this kind of thinking ,the only thing is ..which god is right.

And what about those that have never been privy to such knowledge...such as the bacon eating, Tribes

Latest posts

Top Bottom