Just had firearm confiscated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you will find that almost every hotel hast his same policy “they don’t want firearms on the premises”. Hilton, Marriott, you name one and they all pretty much have a similar policy. Before Covid I stayed in a hotel sever nights a month and the solution was simple! Don’t leave your gun in your room!! NOT EVER take it with you everywhere you go. All of the hotels I have in have this policy and I ignore but I follow the one simple rule the gun goes with me everywhere. Yeah I have almost taken it on sales calls and had to walk it back to the car at times but I have never left it in a hotel room. Once you know the rule it’s easy it always leaves the room with you either contacted on your person or inch a backpack or briefcase etc.

I was still carrying as was my wife. I will take a couple of pistols when traveling usually so I dont have to pack or dress around the gun, I can wear what I want, and simply change my carry pistol/method. Easier to pack a second pistol then another outfit or 2.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About those hotel room safes....

[URL='https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/hotel-room-safes-master-code-default-override-hack-security-thieves-use-a8177831.html']
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/hotel-room-safes-master-code-default-override-hack-security-thieves-use-a8177831.html[/URL]

Yup, saw this video posted on Active Self Protections page on Sunday ironically, but was aware of the issue, and master keys, which is why I dont trust them. I figure if you're gonna steal something, you're gonna go to where the valuables are kept, which is most likely the safe.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for posting about this incident. I think you chose wisely by not blowing up about the issue and calling the Police and instead just working it our later with a cooler head. But, considering they're not a gun friendly property, I wonder why they are listed in the NRA Travel Center Website?

Its a reminder for me when I travel to make sure I keep my firearm locked in my bag if I leave my room to go to the pool or something.

BTW - Congratulations on the Anniversary!

Last edited:

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
  • Way back in the late 60’s, I worked at a Holiday Inn while in college. I had one “guest” that had me come to his room and remove the Gideon Bible from the drawer. You never know what you crazy hotel guests will do next!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually put mine in the nightstand and cover it up with T-Shirt or similar and haven't had any trouble with housekeeping snooping through my belongings but I will be more careful from now on. Some hotels have room safes but those aren't really "safe" either. Housekeeping was snooping and that is definite and forbidden. She should be taken to the cleaners on that one!

Latest posts

Top Bottom