Just purchased a .22 mag revolver for my sweetie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The J frame even in 38 spl was a bit much as she’d only shoot a cylinder or two.
The little black women talks big but is a sweetie.

Now do a do another j frame @ $175 ish over a Ruger stubble with one less shot? How about a 22 lr with 8 or 7 shots? A 380 my keltec hurts your hand like no other, what about penetration?

Now this is for a 95 pound woman with no fighting skills. I picked penetration over shallow expansion, like bird shot, lots of blood but shollow and poor instant stopping power.

Now for the Ruger, They trigger that’s better than a j frame is very heavy, I hate it and I have a gp100 which I like. With my left hand I have a hard time just pulling the hammer back and uncocking the trigger.

Disappointed as they claimed great trigger, this is RG 22 lr level. Guess a few thousand rounds of dry fire and serval hundred rounds expensive 22 mag ammo.

Yea springs aren’t happening if this pos doesn’t loosen up. So far it’s going to be a woods gun for me as her hand strength wouldn’t allow her to shoot this rapidly, and the long trigger reset isn’t a plus especially if she’s in a panic.

637 vs lcrx .22 mag. Not even laughing close and the 637 only has maybe 100 rounds though it and is butter compared to the Ruger.
Damn and I love underdogs…. JMO

Reminds me of a Taurus, just as good?

IMG_3849.jpeg

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had heard good things about the LCRx, and the 3” 22 lr version I bought is a total disappointment. I intended mine to be a woods/tractor gun, but the trigger nor accuracy are good and there’s basically no holster choices other than custom. I refuse to spend $50+/- on a holster for such a POS. :rolleyes2

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Airweight J Frame Smith’s are a handful to shoot in their stock configuration but are easily tuned up to really shootable piece after a trigger job is done.
A competent gunsmith can disassemble and clean the parts, buff up the rebound slide, install Wolff reduced main spring and rebound slide spring, then reassemble using brownells action lube on the related moving parts.
You will have a reliable double action trigger that is vastly superior to a stock trigger.

Pepé Le Pew Pew Pew

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one of those too, and the trigger sucks just as bad as the LCR but just not gritty. Supposedly, new spring can screw up reliability. :rolleyes2
I have experienced absolutely no problems with reliability after changing the springs in my 351 PD... It has a great trigger now and is a joy to shoot!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The .22 mag is designed for a rifle length firearm.
I've done chronograph studies of the round in 2" Davis derringers that showed 900 fps.
It doesn't matter what firearm it's shot from, it's the length of the barrel that will determine the velocity because of the powder used which is designed for a rifle.
That being said, my cousin's wife has carpal tunnel in her wrists, so any round is better than no round at all, and I don't want to be shot with one.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know you are headed a direction, but 5 ladies have shot my Sig P-238 back up pistol and decided to purchase one because of being very easy to rack and little recoil for a .380. If you have a chance it might be worth while looking at one. Good luck..

Latest posts

Top Bottom