K98k's and politics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is the explanation for price difference, other than "hard on for Hitler"?

Well, if you look solely at the numbers, far more M91/30's were produced than K98k's. So on that basis alone, the latter would be more expensive due to supply and demand. On a more conjectural level, many K98k's were destroyed by the Allies during and immediately after their conquest of Germany. Also, the supply of K98k's after the war was spread out over a large number of countries, many of whom either trashed their rifles through use or just haven't given them up for sale to importers. Finally, the largest imports of the K98k into the US took place years ago, and those rifles have long since disappeared into private collections. So the available pool of these rifles is even smaller today.

The supply of today's M91/30's is much larger, many of these rifles having survived intact in the hands of the victors and their allies. Also, imports of large numbers of these rifles are more recent than those of the K98k's. So their prices will be a lot lower compared to K98k's, especially the non-Russian captures.

Beyond the numbers, the subject of perceived value becomes touchy and highly subjective.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No gas chambers for sale. In fact, there are no real gas chambers you can even visit.

Check out the inventor of "Zykon B" - Nobel Prize winner whose method of converting natural gas to fertilizer fuels American farms to this day. Gonna boycott groceries?

Check out "51 Documents" by Lenni Brenner - another eye - opener.

George Patton knew the Germans were fighting the Communists for survival of Europe. the Germans lost. They killed lots of folks, and had lots of theirs killed.

If one wants to compare Native American history - look at the Comanche. they didn't spare man, woman or child and fought and killed so their people could live. No warm fuzzy thoughts about Jews, Slavs, Irish, whatever. Are they pure evil for trying to preserve their race, on their terms? I think not. They kicked the Apache off the Southern Plains by violent means, and so possessed the land.

This has been replayed throughout history by many races, that's the tough world we live in. It's happening now, and will happen after we're gone.

So if you hate Nazis for personal reasons, so be it. Just try to understand that they are not the only folks who have attempted to make their people the "rulers" of a particular time.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If one wants to compare Native American history - look at the Comanche. they didn't spare man, woman or child and fought and killed so their people could live. No warm fuzzy thoughts about Jews, Slavs, Irish, whatever. Are they pure evil for trying to preserve their race, on their terms? I think not. They kicked the Apache off the Southern Plains by violent means, and so possessed the land.

Yup, here we go again ... exactly what I'm talking about ... since Comanches did, it's "OK" what Nazis did ... :screwy:

Why we even keep army? Lets just nuke anyone we don't like... oh wait a lot of you guys are OK with it.

What a shame.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beyond the numbers, the subject of perceived value becomes touchy and highly subjective.

If you don't think Nazi **** is not worth money for sole reason that it Nazi (be it firearm or not) - you haven't been to gun show lately... $500 dinner plates just because there is a swastika on it ....

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you don't think Nazi **** is not worth money for sole reason that it Nazi (be it firearm or not) - you haven't been to gun show lately... $500 dinner plates just because there is a swastika on it ....

OK, now when you expand your distaste of the Nazi regime to non-firearm items marked with a swastika, I'm out since it's not a topic of which I have much knowledge. Just know that in your anti-Nazi crusade, you're tilting at 21st-century windmills.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i562.photobucket.com_albums_ss69_jelence_2009_Smiley_hitler.gif

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just like people should boycott all things Japanese because they cowardly sneak attacked Pearl Harbor and beheaded allied POW's for pleasure as well as working then to death just like the Nazi's right? And boycott all those Mosin Nagant's because Stalin's regime committed as much much more murder in their own time right?

Fixed it better

BrandonMF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an Israeli K98k chambered in 7.62. On one side it has the Nazi Eagle waffenstamps, and on the other it has a very crude Star of David. The receiver was manufactured in Berlin in 1938, so I know it had to see some action in Poland against the Poles, French and Brits. It has possibly shot at Americans, French, British, Polish, Soviets, Egyptians, Syrians, Iraqis, Arabs and at some point even Nazis.

You know why I freakin' LOVE this rifle? 'cause it is irrevocable proof that a gun is a gun. A tool. Nothing else. No imbued spirit of evil or malice inside it. Used by Victimizer for brutality and eventually by their victims for defense of their homeland. Full 180, politically. The Jews had no problem in the Warsaw Ghetto using Mausers against their oppressors. The Jews had no problem using Mausers to defend their homes with them.

So, what's the problem? It's a gun. It's history. Mine has seen at least two wars, for sure. The souls of it's slain do not reside in it's steel and wood. No evil spirits come out of it when I fire. I don't feel the overwhelming desire to murder kittens by the bag full when I fondle it. It's an inanimate object with markings that prove its history and I enjoy owning it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom