Keep Shoot Summ in your prayers tomorrow...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Steve is going to surgery tomorrow. I just found out he was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer and is having surgery tomorrow. I am sure it will go fine, this is a pretty routine thing these days, and the recovery is pretty decent.

If ya'll don't know him, @Shoot Summ is one helluva great guy. I don't know anything about the specifics of his cancer, I just texted him and he let me know. I also asked his permission to post this, he wasn't going to, he's just the kind of guy who doesn't ask for help, doesn't want to make a big deal of things - but this is a community, and I think he deserves our support, and it might help someone else speak up, too, and maybe feel better about their own situation.

Anyways, just letting ya'll know.

Any update?

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heard from Steve today. He said:

"I can't access the site from here. Surgery went well, recovering well, they just took me for a walk. Headed towards going home this afternoon. I really appreciate all the thoughts and prayers, it absolutely helped!!"

Thanks for the update! Please give him our best. We're still praying for him!

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to drop in and tell you guys how much I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. This has been a hard road to travel, the positive support of friends, family, and communities has made a huge difference. I'm recovering, up and around, and trying to wean myself off of the pain meds.

For anyone who might be facing the same thing, or something similar, I've been through all of the emotions related to this, from the initial slap of the diagnosis, to trying to determine what the best treatment is. If there is anything I can do to help, even if it is just listening, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Steve

Latest posts

Top Bottom