Kids under 4 and Buggin' Out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prepping while you have very small children. How would you do it? I am currently looking at one on the way with one not quiet 2 years old. I figure bugging out for me is not a good idea. They can't stay quiet long enough to be stealthy. On top of that they'd have to be carried pretty much all the time. It would be extremely difficult.

Bugging in and hoping that whatever situation was ongoing would be brought back to order relatively soon is about my best hope at this point. I have some friends who live nearby, we may go as far as their place.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We currently have a two year-old and will be doing the same thing. I'm hoping if things ever do get bad that it's after she's ten or so. That way she'll at least have a fighting chance should something happen to her mom and I. Dreary stuff.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it won't be stealthy by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd invest in a little wagon with some of those side railings and rig up some kind of hook system so I could have stuff on the outside of the rails. Put the kiddos in the wagon, hang my "junk" on the hooks and pretend I was an ox ... Seems like that's gonna be the most expedient way to get from "here" to "there" with little ones ... Rather than having to carry them AND your pack ...

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.outlandusa.com/KELTY_TRANSIT_CARRIER_TC_1_0_Internal_Frame_p/kelttc1.0.htm

s.stpost.com_eccstorefront_product_images_80962_t_80962_2.1.jpg

I have one of these for my two year old. I have filled it with two days of food and water and him and walk a couple of miles a couple of times a week. It was rough at first, but now I can do it in about 35 minutes. I am extremely happy with it and recommend it to all my friends just to get their kids out and about with them in the wilderness. I loaned mine to a work buddy that went to Colorado hiking with his 1.5 yo daughter. He is now buying one.

The cart thing would be good for uses too. The key is to have large air filled tires in the middle of the load.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom