Knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry 1 brand and 1 brand only, McCroskey Custom. Dave and his brother hand make these to your exact specs (hand width, finger length, fav colors on the handles, initials on the sheath) in Stillwater. They Rockwell out at 63-65. I dare you to find a better knife. I completely gutted, skinned, quartered and de-boned 3 elk last year and it was still sharp enough for deer season without a worry. Look up McCroskey Knives on the web. His web pictures don't do them justice. To really understand, run to Stillwater and take a look, you will certainy not be disappointed.

I have a McCroskey knife, it is the elk model. I am very satisfied with it. I have taken advantage of the free sharpening during the summer. What style did you get? When I order another, I will get the skinner or pro skinner.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've GOT to look into the McCroskey knives....

Look carefully, cause they will cut you. LOL 2 years ago after skinning and cutting up 3 deer, I managed to slice my knuckle open and when I went to get the stitches the doc was impressed with how smooth the cut was.

Ok, so the story... I went hunting that morning with 2 buddies. I shot a doe. I had it hanging from rear hocks. I was standing between front legs and was working on the front leg on my left side. One of em bumped the leg on my right causing the deer to move and that is when I sliced across my knuckle on my left hand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom