Knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Big Buck non folder...about an 8" blade...don't remember the model. Synthetic grip, black coating on the thick heavy blade and a Gerber folder with a 2.5" blade. Do almost all the work with the Gerber.

Gunrunner45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buck 639 Field Mate.

awww.jaysknives.com_buckhuntingknives_639SurvivalSpecial.jpg

Just found out they are discontinued and kinda rare. I guess its time to retire it and get a new hunting knife.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have always used the good old cheap Mora fixed blade knives for field dressing and skinning but also always carry either a Sog Trident or a CRKT Kasper just in case I lose the cheapo Mora knife.

Just ordered a Esee Izula which I'm anxious to receive and break in, so I will carry it when it arrives.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Benchmade for skinning. Mine will do a whole big hog without any touchup to the edge. I use a Cold Steel skinner with a guthook to start things out since the Benchmade has no hook. I have a bunch of other knives, but these two are the best. CB

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A new record for a McCroskey knife. I was talking to dave a few minutes ago and he conveyed the news. One of his butcher knives has done the following without being resharpened: 6 elk,5 hogs, 1 mule deer, 1 hippo, 1 cape buffalo and 3 elephants. I expect no one will believe me or this info unless you have used one of his knives for some time and have pushed the envelope with it.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A new record for a McCroskey knife. I was talking to dave a few minutes ago and he conveyed the news. One of his butcher knives has done the following without being resharpened: 6 elk,5 hogs, 1 mule deer, 1 hippo, 1 cape buffalo and 3 elephants. I expect no one will believe me or this info unless you have used one of his knives for some time and have pushed the envelope with it.

Did you just say elephants?????!:giveup:

you win.

Latest posts

Top Bottom