Knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handlebar

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Cutco full serade, blaze orange handle so it is easy to find in woods.Thanks for the thread took me 45 min to find it so now i will not be looking the night before i go hunting.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've GOT to look into the McCroskey knives....

You will not be disappointed. Awesome stuff.

Worst case scenerio;
Can't find your knife on opening day, and running late, haul butt to the stand.
Kill a big buck, and have to field dress it with a 2 1/2" pocket knife.

Trust me....it can be done...

Gutted an elk with a leatherman when Dad went off chasing the herd in the pick-up. Not fun, but do-able.

Dave McCroskey 405/624-9900. I have 2 of Dave's, Huckleberry has 3. These are the ONLY knives we use. I have gerbers, bucks, outdoor edge and some other fine knives BUT I only use a McCroskey. My elk hunter has processed 8 deer before needing a touchup. I will put that up against any knife. ANY KNIFE. We have used a McCroskey since he started building knives umpteen years ago. He builds guns just as good. My .300 win mag shoots a 1/2" group at 200 yards.

Uhum, I have 4. One of his earliest knives when he was using carbon steel, an elk knife, a boning knife and a butcher knive. Looking to add a pro-skinner this year. Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me!!!:drunk5:

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at McCroskey's web site, I see a Trapper model (both curved and straight) on their price list, but it's not listed on their "knives" page and I don't find any pictures of it. Does anybody own one? Can somebody post pics of it?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking at McCroskey's web site, I see a Trapper model (both curved and straight) on their price list, but it's not listed on their "knives" page and I don't find any pictures of it. Does anybody own one? Can somebody post pics of it?

Let me see if I can't post a link to pics. trapper set When you click "knives" on the left hand side and it brings up the 4 knives in the center, underneath you will see "More Knives" click on "More Knives" for more pics. It has the other models in there.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let me see if I can't post a link to pics. trapper set When you click "knives" on the left hand side and it brings up the 4 knives in the center, underneath you will see "More Knives" click on "More Knives" for more pics. It has the other models in there.

Thanks. Didn't even realize the "More Knives" was a link. I may have to make a trip to Stillwater and meet with him/fondle some of his knives. IN THE MEANTIME ... I'm kinda' partial to Puma knives (the GERMAN made ones) and to Solingen steel in general!

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buck Knife, Exactly like this one:
ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg304_nancythompsonn_79gg4.jpg

ai437.photobucket.com_albums_qq97_Verginator18_Scream_Ghostface7.jpg

ai437.photobucket.com_albums_qq97_Verginator18_Scream_Ghostface18.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom