Knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Worst case scenerio;
Can't find your knife on opening day, and running late, haul butt to the stand.
Kill a big buck, and have to field dress it with a 2 1/2" pocket knife.

Trust me....it can be done...

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dave McCroskey 405/624-9900. I have 2 of Dave's, Huckleberry has 3. These are the ONLY knives we use. I have gerbers, bucks, outdoor edge and some other fine knives BUT I only use a McCroskey. My elk hunter has processed 8 deer before needing a touchup. I will put that up against any knife. ANY KNIFE. We have used a McCroskey since he started building knives umpteen years ago. He builds guns just as good. My .300 win mag shoots a 1/2" group at 200 yards.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dave McCroskey 405/624-9900. I have 2 of Dave's, Huckleberry has 3. These are the ONLY knives we use. I have gerbers, bucks, outdoor edge and some other fine knives BUT I only use a McCroskey. My elk hunter has processed 8 deer before needing a touchup. I will put that up against any knife. ANY KNIFE. We have used a McCroskey since he started building knives umpteen years ago. He builds guns just as good. My .300 win mag shoots a 1/2" group at 200 yards.

That sounds like a very good knife. I'll probably have to buy a couple. I'd put my By George up against it. I've skinned 3 deer and completely processed one deer with it. It will still easily shave the hair on your arm. I can't really tell that it is dulled at all.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Knives of Alaska mainly but my old favorite I have had since 14 yrs old is a Shrade skinning knife. One of my brothers made me a sheath when they were in jr high with my name on it.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No doubt George was one of the best in this state. He had an eye that allowed him to do many things easily. Some of us were lucky enough to listen to him and try to learn from him. RIP

Latest posts

Top Bottom