Ponca City is the State's Capitol of Dumbass Drivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I left the house tonight to go by Lowes and Walmart. I got about a half mile on 14th street and some ******* in a silver Surburban pulls out from the left and goes over the outside lane. I had to brake a little to miss him. We were both getting up to speed from the stop light. About the time I'm even with his rear bumper he whips right over into my lane. No signal at all.1st emergency stop of the night. Then I left Lowes by the 14 st. exit and turned right on Knight St. As I came up to the Lowes parking lot exit/entrance some ******* in a welding just slowly pulls right in front of me. 2nd emergency and wait. Then after leaving Walmart and going south on 14th street I met ******* number 3. He pulled out from my right, right in front of me. He stopped with the front half of his car in the center turn lane and the other half completely blocking my lane. Hard emergency stop. I need to get my car demagnetized. It seems to attract assholes. I guess I need to start using one of my Land Rovers to run around town and quit using my little Fiat. I'm just venting, I'm still pissed.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At one time, the traffic in Ponca on 14th street was the most heavily trafficked street in Oklahoma.
The corporate folks at the Conoco Refinery didn't like living here so they moved the offices to Houston to enjoy the big life in that city.
That move hurt the economy of the Ponca city in one way and helped it in another.
Homes that cost 2-3 million in other locations cost less than 1 million to build here.
There are some amazing homes being built here currently.

TwoShoots

Marksman
Reaction score
Sounds like every day in Tulsa. I think someone else said it, but the cops need to start ticketing again. Everything. Cut across lanes? $300 ticket. Left turn from right lane? $300 ticket. Stop traffic in one lane so you can force a merge into another? $300 ticket. Your radio too loud at the red light? $100 ticket.
The city wouldn't need to raise property taxes on the good citizens so much if they'd just turn the cops loose and let them do a proper policing.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or anywhere in and around OKC which bears a sticking resemblance to a typical day in the Dallas Ft. Worth area.
It gets a little closer day by day ... I am starting to REALLY like Amazon and Sam's delivery. Integris has this "concierge" service that amounts to what I think is a PA or RN making house calls..I REALLY gotta see how much that little jewel costs. 🤔🤔

Latest posts

Top Bottom