Lancer L5 Magazines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the AR15 guys it seems like everyone wants the P-mags, with or with out windows, how do you guys compare them to the Lancer L5 clear mags?

Right now I own an Steyr AUG A3 and love the translucent magazine to check what my ammo level is.

Just want opinions on why P-Mags are huge sellers.
Khest

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the AR15 guys it seems like everyone wants the P-mags, with or with out windows, how do you guys compare them to the Lancer L5 clear mags?

Right now I own an Steyr AUG A3 and love the translucent magazine to check what my ammo level is.

Just want opinions on why P-Mags are huge sellers.
Khest

PMags are cheap - and they work very well due to Magpul's follower design and use of high-quality springs.

Oh and they're cheap.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've read good things about the Lancers (and the HK mags, and yes - even the hoaky CMMG Immortal Mags), but the problem with them all is that they cost more than PMAGS, and I don't foresee me doing anything like what I see in some of those torture tests, so I'm ok with just staying cheap for now.

Plus (and I've said this about Glocks, HKs, Sigs, etc...), I don't really buy into "torture tests" as an all-conclusive thing. I've experienced failures with a number of products that made it much farther in a "torture test" than they did with me, so Murphy's law is always in effect.

Fact is - PMAGS have an extremely low failure rate, so I've got no need to spend more on something that already works for me - but then again, variety is the spice of life, so to each his own :thumb:

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pmags are the benchmark. There are most likely better mags, and there are cheaper mags, but there are no better, cheaper mags.

The Lancers are as nice as the PMags, but I would not call them nicer, and they are definitely not as cost effective. The TangoDown ARC mags are showing good results, and the Troy polymer mags may be a winner as well.

In my opinion, the metal mag is obsolete.

Khest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So they are cheaper, now second question; windowed PMAGS vs Lancer L5 transparent/translucent mags, how do they compare?

Khest

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So they are cheaper, now second question; windowed PMAGS vs Lancer L5 transparent/translucent mags, how do they compare?

Khest

Still cheaper. I've honestly not seen L5's for as cheap as I've seen even Mag-Levels anywhere except online with high shipping costs that end up making it more expensive anyways.

As far as viewable area and usefulness of the Mag-Level - I don't honestly think its very useful at all - the L5 probably has it beat there since you can see the rounds throughout the entire mag - again though, how often is it needed?

I can get down to the last 6-7 rounds and take a mag out and look down through the top and tell if I've got more than that or less.

Latest posts

Top Bottom