Lautenberg / Carolyn McCarthy to reintroduce gun-ban bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Crazy people will find a way to do what they do. As a society, we have to expect some tragedy to happen. It is not entirely preventable.

If it wasn't 33 round magazines, he would have had a half dozen 10 round ones (and could have been as effective if trained on reloading). If it wasn't guns, it would have been knives or bombs or ???

On the other side, to think that a group of armed CCWs should have a mission to defend the public safety is equally naive. Armed citizens certainly have a place. A bunch of CCWers (or open carriers ,for that matter) whipping out pistols in this large chaotic scene and firing to "save the day" scares me. Even if I was armed, I would run like hell from that scene!

Perhaps at VA Tech, it would have made a difference. From how quickly it seems this event took place, I am skeptical.

We gotta accept that "crazy happens." Doesn't mean we have to like it. Doesn't mean I am making an excuse for it.

+1 to all of this post; well thought out.

Unfortunately CCW's have no protection in case things go badly, and in a situation like this, things are apt to go badly. So, as much as I would like to hear in the news that he was put down by a good guy with a CCW, and I would, there could be an equal chance that the CCW person shoots 3 people by mistake trying to get the bad guy, which would also be a great tragedy.

Don't get me wrong, if you have the training, the confidence, are in the right place at the right time with a clear shot and no bystanders, and no family of your own to bring into the bad guys sights, and you can stop someone like this, by all means. There are a lot of "if's" here.

I agree that this sort of thing is going to happen in a free society and that those who would change laws and limit freedom to attempt to stop these sorts of events are fooling themselves (or others so they can't get their agenda).

One real question - WHY was there no security at this event? With the billions and trillions the fed spends, they can't afford a couple of secret service agents?

Thanks,

Alan

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
this is all the more reason to us to keep our 2nd amendment rights

You do realize that absent of the 2A the right still exists? Even before it was put down on paper the right was gifted to us by our Creator.

Those who drafted the first twelve amendments (only the last ten became known as the Bill of Rights until 1992 when the actual 2nd Amendment which is now the 27th Amendment was ratified by Michigan) knew that all rights come to us by our Creator.

saltydawg

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
No gun bill will go anywhere.This is the most "gun friendly" House maybe since guns became a political issue.Don't look for anything from obama either,election in 2 years you know.This will be around for a little while until something else comes along on the nightly news.

Remember Americans have a very short memory. All they need is for things to be okay and they forget what a snapper head they voted in! stay vigilant until the end remember there is a ton of "STUPID" out there congress is a current example!

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How come the media is reporting that the police are reporting he had 31 round magazines? Could Jared's thumbs only shove 31 bullets in the things?

Looks like the Times is finally getting the facts straight:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/01/10/us/guns-graphic.html?ref=us

Surprisingly, I don't have much issue with this little sidebar article on their website. Seems pretty straightforward with just facts presented, even considering the sources they cite.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

The magazine itself IS a 31 round magazine. It is most often sold with a Glock +2 base on it for a total of 33 rounds...

Good luck,

Alan

That is helpful, thanks. Not being a 9mm Glock guy, I lose out on being able to get the "fun sticks" so I don't know that much about them. Now things make sense :)

They make them for my XD .40 but those are only 20 rounds. Where's the fun in that?!

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

That is helpful, thanks. Not being a 9mm Glock guy, I lose out on being able to get the "fun sticks" so I don't know that much about them. Now things make sense :) They make them for my XD .40 but those are only 20 rounds. Where's the fun in that?!

I thought it was be a fun stick too, but after trying some at the range I wasn't all that impressed so I sold them. They stick out in an unwieldy sort of way.

Thanks,

Alan

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hi,

I thought it was be a fun stick too, but after trying some at the range I wasn't all that impressed so I sold them. They stick out in an unwieldy sort of way.

Thanks,

Alan

I agree but if you buy a Keltec rifle you can use them in it.I have 2 of them just "because".

Latest posts

Top Bottom