Lawn question. Is this grub damage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the rain has been driving everything out. We had an issue last week with grubs and ants that seemingly came out of nowhere. I am sure that they actually had been there a while, it’s just the wet dirt built higher mounds so I could finally see them. Lowe’s is clearancing their pesticides on the upside! Spent all Saturday spreading and watering and haven’t had an issue since. Took 120lb to do our acre, ugh.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Earth Worms are good and that is what I think you have. Are the bare spots filling in? Is it bermuda grass? If it is bermuda, its not growing as fast now as it did when the nights were so warm.

It's bermuda and there are some bare areas where it's shady. The rest of the lawn looks healthy.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's bermuda and there are some bare areas where it's shady. The rest of the lawn looks healthy.

There's some fine blade fescue that blends in pretty well with Bermuda. Can't think of the name at the moment, but it's what I put around my trees. You can tell it's different, but it doesn't look super out of place.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's some fine blade fescue that blends in pretty well with Bermuda. Can't think of the name at the moment, but it's what I put around my trees. You can tell it's different, but it doesn't look super out of place.

You still gotta water the pizz outta it like you do the traditional fescue in my back yard? LOL I love that it grows well in the shade but man it keeps the water bill high.

Latest posts

Top Bottom