learned my Lesson

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickeyparker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gotta say, I see why the old timers on OSA will only deal with OSA members in good standing, Got Burned the other day on another sight, Looks like I'm gonna stay with OSA and not do any buying or selling anywhere else.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sucks, man! Seriously, I am sorry to hear that. Give us a little information, if you don't mind sharing... welcome to share as much or little as you like, but your experiences may help others not fall into the same trap! Generalized whom, where, what and what happened would be great.

Don't give up! I've had some great experiences with people on this board!

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It happens on here too. I posted an "Ill take it" and sent a PM with the same message. He suddenly backed out making excuses and requiring unreasonable conditions for sale.

Another time I had a potential buyer send me the same "I'll take it" and then suddenly refused any other communication.

rickeyparker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sold a 22 rifle, 400.00 to a guy up NW side of town, gave me 4 100.00 bills, But kept talking, He "seemed" like a great guy, drove a really nice car, He was in a hurry and left, Didn't think twice about the deal, 2 days later, Found out one those bills were not US Currency.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sold a 22 rifle, 400.00 to a guy up NW side of town, gave me 4 100.00 bills, But kept talking, He "seemed" like a great guy, drove a really nice car, He was in a hurry and left, Didn't think twice about the deal, 2 days later, Found out one those bills were not US Currency.

Damn... that sucks, man. Don't supposed you have at least a partial tag? How did you get in touch with him? Have a cell phone # or something? I am not sure the cops can do anything about it, since you can't prove the fakes are the ones he gave you, though. If he were a stand-up guy... but hell, those are getting rarer every year in this good ol' US of A. :(

rickeyparker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn... that sucks, man. Don't supposed you have at least a partial tag? How did you get in touch with him? Have a cell phone # or something? I am not sure the cops can do anything about it, since you can't prove the fakes are the ones he gave you, though. If he were a stand-up guy... but hell, those are getting rarer every year in this good ol' US of A. :(

Oh I will consider it a learning experience, Nothing The law can do, Hell I used to spill that much drinking back in the day...LOL
No Tag number either.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Giving counterfeit money...damn! I think I would skip local pd and contact OSBI on that, that's a federal offense and they can either handle it or direct you elsewhere. I always carry one of those test pens on a big transaction, but I don't know if I would have for $400. The pens are beatable, but if the pen beats it, more than likely you will end up spending it somewhere else never knowing it was a fake.

There is definitely scum on this rock of a planet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom