learned my Lesson

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a member here PM me about a WTB ad I posted. At first he said he knew a guy that had what I wanted and would supply a phone number. When I called, it was him. He sent me some pics over the phone only. He wouldn't email them. It looked like he was standing across the room when it took the pics. It wouldn't show the serial number, or more importantly to me, the brand. He also wouldn't send a pic of the paperwork.

I told him I was very interested but he lived 2 hours away. He assured me I'd like it. So I asked him to bring it to my bank, I'd look at it in the parking lot and then we could go inside, do a notarized bill of sale and I could pay him in whatever form he'd like; cash or cashier's check. Here's the catch, it was a machine gun. No matter what, I wasn't leaving with it. I didn't think he'd feel comfortable with me bring him a cashier's check and I didn't feel comfortable traveling with that kind of cash to an unknown place. It was a $23k or 24k purchase.

He told me if I wanted it, I had to bring cash and come alone because he didn't want anyone else to know where he lived with all his stuff (back in the woods somewhere). As stupid as this sounds, I probably still would have done it except then he said he wouldn't give me his address. He'd give me a location and then when I arrived to call him and he'd give me directions from there over the phone. That's when I :bolt:

So am I the nutjob here? I asked him to meet me at the bank. He could bring 30 friends if he wanted. He could meet somewhere else in the city like a gun store and then send the gun home in another car while we then drove to the bank. The gun didn't even need to be present. I wasn't taking it anyway.

Now I understand some gun owners, especially machine gun owners, are real tin foil hat wearing nut jobs, but I'm not driving 2 hours until I hear banjos by myself with >$20k cash. Oh, he wouldn't give me his full name either. But he would provide references if I wanted them. References? John Wayne Gacy had references.

He still works the classifieds here.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a member here PM me about a WTB ad I posted. At first he said he knew a guy that had what I wanted and would supply a phone number. When I called, it was him. He sent me some pics over the phone only. He wouldn't email them. It looked like he was standing across the room when it took the pics. It wouldn't show the serial number, or more importantly to me, the brand. He also wouldn't send a pic of the paperwork.

I told him I was very interested but he lived 2 hours away. He assured me I'd like it. So I asked him to bring it to my bank, I'd look at it in the parking lot and then we could go inside, do a notarized bill of sale and I could pay him in whatever form he'd like; cash or cashier's check. Here's the catch, it was a machine gun. No matter what, I wasn't leaving with it. I didn't think he'd feel comfortable with me bring him a cashier's check and I didn't feel comfortable traveling with that kind of cash to an unknown place. It was a $23k or 24k purchase.

He told me if I wanted it, I had to bring cash and come alone because he didn't want anyone else to know where he lived with all his stuff (back in the woods somewhere). As stupid as this sounds, I probably still would have done it except then he said he wouldn't give me his address. He'd give me a location and then when I arrived to call him and he'd give me directions from there over the phone. That's when I :bolt:

So am I the nutjob here? I asked him to meet me at the bank. He could bring 30 friends if he wanted. He could meet somewhere else in the city like a gun store and then send the gun home in another car while we then drove to the bank. The gun didn't even need to be present. I wasn't taking it anyway.

Now I understand some gun owners, especially machine gun owners, are real tin foil hat wearing nut jobs, but I'm not driving 2 hours until I hear banjos by myself with >$20k cash. Oh, he wouldn't give me his full name either. But he would provide references if I wanted them. References? John Wayne Gacy had references.

My thoughts would be along the line of...

hCCE658DE

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've bought and sold from several OSA members and they all were great except one but I can't remember if it was someone from here or Armslist. I bought a Remington 514 single shot .22 rifle that supposedly had no issues but got it to the range and it won't extract at all. I don't think it's a big deal but I bought it for my sister as a gift and it didn't work correctly which sort of ruined the whole thing. I've never had any problems buying/selling on Armslist either but I'm really cautious and probably pretty lucky in that respect.

As for someone wanting a copy of my DL or my personal info written down for them, I don't think so, I'm not giving anyone my personal info, I don't care if it's the chief of police or the pope, it ain't happening. I always take someone with me unless it's an established member of OSA or Arfcom, always with anyone from Armslist. God forbid someone screws me over because I don't play nice in situations such as that. There's a contractor out there who's on the shortlist...

rickeyparker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe ,,Maybe not, But he is the one that gave me the bad bill, How do I know ? I had zero dollars in gun money before that deal, he may not have known after all, I'm just chalking it up to experience, been buying and trading for 30 years and never been burned, I did however years ago sell a bad gun that wouldn't work ( Had eject problem) and looks like Karma came to visit me, I will live, But as far as him not contacting me back, I wont do buisness with him again and will get in his face when the time comes, And yes I stood to make a 100.00 on that deal,,Just didn't happen.

In all honesty maybe he didn't know it was fake and if you've tried contacting him about it feels that you're trying to scam him so its not responding.... either that or he's an honest thief :)

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've bought and sold with several guys from here. Always had great transactions, not even had anybody show up late. I do usually check out the member feedback forum to see if there are any red flags though.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

holy Fu** Balls.

Latest posts

Top Bottom