learned my Lesson

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the alternative to accepting cash? Or how can you make sure what you're getting is the "right" cash or real cash?

Taking a check is a bad idea... I suppose I could ask them to get a money order or cashier's check and bring it to the meet? If there are counterfeiting ways to get around the pen, then that's not safe...

What do you guys think? I don't sell, really, so I guess I shouldn't worry TOO much about it, but I'm just curious. What's the best way to avoid getting burned?

Credit card app on your phone..slide card through device...bango ,your paid.... ;)

Point and Laugh

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have done a couple dozen deals on armslist. Both buying and selling. My preferred meeting place is the parking lot of a police station. On a couple of occasions the potential buyer hung up on me when I told him where we would be meeting. I assume they don't need to buy a gun from me if they won't meet me at a police station to do the deal. I call the cop shop and tell them what I am doing, when I will be there, and what I will be driving. Never had a problem.
I've bought and sold on OSA quite a bit too. I have met a lot of good folks on here and have had no issues with any members here. I've had OSA members meet at my house, my land and my shop.

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A Lot of people on here I wont be doing business with....

I hand you ????, you hand me ?????....inspection????...Have a good day ... ;)

I also take a hired gun, he/she makes sure money is counted, merchandise is correct... Have a Good day... ;)

Sorry you got jacked, that sucks.

But I will not be giving personal info to strangers.

You might make it to my house...That wouldnt be good , I hate filling out paperwork...8/

No kidding, I agree. I have had a few guys attempt the bill of sale "requirement" from me and want me to fill one out for them that they brought, to sell to me. I don't need them, don't give them. Not a law or requirement. While we are free to our right, it is silly to demand or want one filled out in my book. I still disagree with any paper work on arms!

I like you, do the same, look, inspect, pay or not pay and go on. I expect the same, you look, you like, you pay and we shake hands. Not going to change till it is a forced law. I pay cash, I expect cash. If it is a large transaction, say over two or three thousand, I have back up with me. I have the payer count it out in 1000 increments, I recount it in front of him and we proceed till paid up, and again, shake hands and smile.

I am a new guy around here, have already had several dealings, so I would not rule out selling to a new guy, set it up,, go meet em, if they pay good then both are good to go!

rickeyparker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just one of those things, I did however break even on the deal and didn't lose on the gun.
No kidding ... :grumble:

Man, Mr. Parker ... I am sorry to hear that. I don't remember the last time I did a deal with anyone who was not a very well established member here (well, except for Mr. Glock and he doesn't count ... :wink2:) but GC does deals from time to time on Armslist ... Thanks for the heads up about what happened. I'd bet you a donut and cup of coffee you aren't the only one this guy is buying guns from ...

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have done a couple dozen deals on armslist. Both buying and selling. My preferred meeting place is the parking lot of a police station. On a couple of occasions the potential buyer hung up on me when I told him where we would be meeting. I assume they don't need to buy a gun from me if they won't meet me at a police station to do the deal. I call the cop shop and tell them what I am doing, when I will be there, and what I will be driving. Never had a problem.
I've bought and sold on OSA quite a bit too. I have met a lot of good folks on here and have had no issues with any members here. I've had OSA members meet at my house, my land and my shop.
Seems like overkill, but to each his own. Zero problems on here and on armslist, besides the occassional lowball. Bottom line... be smart, always be cautious and trust your gut. Muh belly is smart.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In all honesty maybe he didn't know it was fake and if you've tried contacting him about it feels that you're trying to scam him so its not responding.... either that or he's an honest thief :)

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quote Originally Posted by Rickeyparker View Post

Just one of those things, I did however break even on the deal and didn't lose on the gun.

Please explain, I must of missed something somewhere.

Sounds like he had $300 in it, sold it for $400, but got burned on one of the hundred dollar bills!

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only had one questionable deal. A guy on here sold me a shotgun with a broken firing pin. I didn't discover it until I got home. I fixed it for $8, so I didn't worry about it. I don't know if he knew about it or not, it wouldn't have been a deal breaker to me anyway. I'm just curious if he knew.

Latest posts

Top Bottom