Leaving gun in the car at work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would be very carefull on Tinker, as i work there to, if you have your gun in the car and get pulled over you might have a problem with the police, or even a randome car search. I would be on the safe side and keep the ammo away from the weapon and just say you are going to the range after work. Dont mean to get in your business, just watching out for a fellow Tinker Guy, :)

He said he leaves his car (with gun) at work and drives the company truck onto the base so this shouldn't be an issue.

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He said he leaves his car (with gun) at work and drives the company truck onto the base so this shouldn't be an issue.

Exactly. A guy I know who works out there and got caught with a g30 in his glove box, unloaded. He has a pending case they are charging him with something. Can't be good.

So in other words, even taking an unloaded gun is a bad idea do to the no gun signs on all the gate entrances.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. A guy I know who works out there and got caught with a g30 in his glove box, unloaded. He has a pending case they are charging him with something. Can't be good.

So in other words, even taking an unloaded gun is a bad idea due to it being a military base or federal property.

Fixed.

Glockwork1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work for a company that has no policy for guns, but I work everyday out at Tinker AFB as a contractor so I leave my gun in the car while at work and take the work truck to base. My question is, with the Oklahoma heat and my gun in the car till 3 or so, is there any possibility of the ammunition in the firearm being unsafe to shoot, or anything like that? It may be a dumb question, but just curious. Thanks

is it legal to carry on federal property(such as tinker). just a question i had for myself also.

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

So in other words, even taking an unloaded gun is a bad idea do to the no gun signs on all the gate entrances.

So in other words. His loaded gun is in his personal vehicle on work property. He then changes vehicles and drives a company vehicle to tinker.

Latest posts

Top Bottom