LEO Notification of Concealed Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As were mine..... My personal experience with troopers are that they seem a little too uptight.. That's all...

In all seriousness then, you need to go on a ride along with one of them. I used to tease GC all the time about not really having to work ... hell, all he had to do was drive around and write tickets and flirt with the girls at the local On Cue ... THEN I went on a ride along. Those men and women have nothing but my utmost respect now and whatever they ask of me during a contact, no matter how they ask it is just fine with me.

And I am not saying that because I am a Trooper's wife. I saw first hand the nonsense they have to deal with every single day of their careers.

Any Trooper's wife worth her salt (and who is being honest) would tell you to suck it up and deal with it because her husband's first priority is to come home to her at the end of his shift and the public can just F off -- No offense, mind you, but I have been to way too many funerals of officers who have died in the line of duty. (Oh, yeah, I AM uptight about that cuz I have seen my husband come home in a torn uniform with mud all over him. Why he didn't just shoot the SOB is beyond me ...)

cinman14

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Back in 98 I dated a TPD officer.. I have probably went on 20 ride alongs during our time dating.. I only know what I have been told by the few officers that I have spoken with..

I can tell you this.. I have the utmost respect for troopers.. I even made that comment to the lady I was dating.. The very fact that TPD needs two officers to pull someone over and a trooper does it all alone in my eyes gains tremendous respect...

I am also aware the comments that came from the officers were more geared towards jealousy than anything else...

I just really wish the troopers would have spoken up during the past week leading up to the veto rather than sitting by and allowing the OSTA to speak for them.. But I know that probably wasn't allowed..

Please don't take my comments as disrespect towards the LEO community.. It is geared towards the "bad apples" in the bunch that seem to carry around the "little penis" syndrome.....

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in 98 I dated a TPD officer.. I have probably went on 20 ride alongs during our time dating.. I only know what I have been told by the few officers that I have spoken with..

I can tell you this.. I have the utmost respect for troopers.. I even made that comment to the lady I was dating.. The very fact that TPD needs two officers to pull someone over and a trooper does it all alone in my eyes gains tremendous respect...

I am also aware the comments that came from the officers were more geared towards jealousy than anything else...

I just really wish the troopers would have spoken up during the past week leading up to the veto rather than sitting by and allowing the OSTA to speak for them.. But I know that probably wasn't allowed..

Please don't take my comments as disrespect towards the LEO community.. It is geared towards the "bad apples" in the bunch that seem to carry around the "little penis" syndrome.....

Not at all ... unfortunately there is an a-hole in every "crowd" ... the vetting process weeds out a lot of them but there is always one or two that gets through it seems. On the bright side, most of them don't last long ... they out themselves and get the boot or they can't take the pressure and leave on their own.

Believe it or not I used to be the typical JBT hater. Now that I have seen the what's on the other side of the curtain, I am ashamed that I ever mistreated an officer (and I did on an occassion or two ... Just damned lucky I didn't wind up behind bars or in the nuthouse for 72 hours ...) If you had told me I would wind up married to a damned JBT back then I probably would have clocked you with my beer bottle. :pms2:

I will be so glad when GC decides to just come on home. The problem as I see it is he comes from a LE family and he is still really young. I can't imagine having to entertain him every single day (well, I can, but that's another thread -- probably a completely different FORUM! LOL) and I don't know anything else he would do that would give him the satisfaction that being a Trooper does. He will tell you otherwise sometimes but in his heart of hearts he still believes he can make a difference ... to him it's about keeping people safe and helping those who sometimes need a little help.

I find it thoroughly disgusting sometimes ... :brick:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Right, openly commenting about and/or trying to influence the law is not proper or even allowed for many public employees, especially military and law enforcement.

Personal opinions are one thing, but if anyone expected to see troopers on TV proclaiming support or opposition for the law, then they don't understand the need for them to stay out of the fray. Very much the same reasons you don't see rank and file U.S. military members on TV engaging in political issues.

Now the disconnect between the Troopers Association and it's members is something they can, and very well may, deal with internally.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sat down at a table next to 4 LEO's having lunch while waiting for my takeout BBQ ribs.

the thought never even entered my mind to notify and interrupt those four LEO's lunch.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sat down at a table next to 4 LEO's having lunch while waiting for my takeout BBQ ribs.

the thought never even entered my mind to notify and interrupt those four LEO's lunch.

Too bad there wasn't a ccw holder in the coffee shop those Washington state LEOs were in that day ...

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
All you need to do is get one of these!​

awww.valorgear.com_files_1664046_uploaded_SA0008.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom