Let's see all the Target/Sniper bolt-actions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's mine. My goal was an entry-level medium range paper puncher.

Savage 10FP in .308 (24" / Accutrigger)
HS Precision stock w/ Karsten's Custom Camo cheekpiece
Millet LRS-1
Harris Bi-pod
Eagle stock pack

ai45.photobucket.com_albums_f73_kerryt1_Shooting_P1000984.jpg

And yes, I need to mow my lawn.

Kerry, the gun looks great! That stock looks awful familiar...:woot:

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I had only known you were gonna put that LRS on a Savage Kerry!!!

J/K I always give my buddies who shoot Savages are hard time.

I dropped all my parts off yesterday to Steve Baldwin. He said he might have it finished by this weekend!!!

kerryt1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I had only known you were gonna put that LRS on a Savage Kerry!!!

J/K I always give my buddies who shoot Savages are hard time.

I dropped all my parts off yesterday to Steve Baldwin. He said he might have it finished by this weekend!!!

Well, if it helps my case, I'd rather have mounted it on say...a Surgeon.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where did you get the pouch for your butt pad at? Will it hold 300wsm rounds?

Its a Galati Gear Padded Stock pack - I know all of the real shooters here like Josh would cringe at the thought of anything less than an Eagle, but I just couldn't justify the cost for the low-budget shooting I'm doing - and I'm never taking this thing into battle.

I'm pretty sure I got it here:

http://ballistictech.com/catalog/galati-gear-m-1.html

Josh - where'd you get that barrel (local or online). I'm looking to upgrade mine (I also assume that's a Manner's stock I see in your pic).

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love the reputation I have on here! This is the third thread this week someone has said I'd cringe at something.... lol!

Galati actually makes pretty decent stuff. It's blatant ripoffs of Eagle designs and you don't get a product made in the USA with a lifetime warranty like Eagle, but it's aint that bad.

That barrel is a Shilen. I love Hart barrels the best but can get those pre-threaded/short chambered Shilen barrels from Brownells for half the cost of a Hart and pay less for the install.

The stock is an H-S. Yes I am a Manners groupie but this one was half the price also and I like this one a lot. I posted earlier that I had had it before on a previous rifle and liked it but I had the adjustable one and didn't like that part of it. This stock also doesn't need to be bedded like the Manners which saves money.

I was trying to build a nice rifle and still be half the cost of my Surgeon and I think I achieved that.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its all good - I certainly respect everything you have to say man.

Hope your not upset, but I'm looking to Bogart some of your ideas.

I'm looking for a cheap stock until the JAE comes out (looks like its going to be February now) and I want to get a better barrel, but I want to have some machining done to it.

Here's a question - I've got a factory Remington SPS Varmint barrel - is it worth just chopping this one down to get it shorter or should I go with something like that Shilen? I honestly can't find anything about my factory barrel that even says its Chrome-lined or not. I assume its Chrome Moly.

I am shocked that Manner's stocks have to be bedded - I thought they came pre-bedded - I'll have to hit their website up again and give them another look.

I think I'm off of my fully-adjustable trip that I was on. I kind of like being able to use my stock pack and I've now shot over a couple of adjustable stocks and have not felt they are worth the extra money. I came really close to dropping my entire budget on an AICS once I found out that the JAEs aren't going to be out for that long, but I want something lightweight and able to go hunting and as much as I hate to admit it, I may not get either if reviews of the JAE aren't stellar (but they both look soooooo cool).

I need to update the pics of mine - it looks quite a bit different than it used to.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your factory barrel is just the bottom of the barrel chrome moly (no pun!). There is a reason they are known as sewer pipes. So of course I'm always going to say swap the barrel. Most gunsmiths will tell you that you HAVE to true the action and all that other stuff when you put on a new barrel but that's not true. But Steve Baldwin only charges an extra $125 to do all that so I think it's worth it. The barrel is the most important thing I think. I'd rather have a crappy stock and trigger and an untrue action with a nice barrel then nice everything else with a lower end barrel. As for the stocks I've never heard of pre-bedded stocks? The whole point of bedding is to sit your stock it in so it molds to the bottom of it perfect.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant to say that I thought Manner's stocks were already bedded when you got them with the same sort of aluminum bedding block that the HS precisions had in them. Now that I go back and look, I wonder why his stocks are so expensive compared to some of the similar McM, HSP, and BC stocks.

Where is Steve Baldwin and how do I get in touch with him?

Latest posts

Top Bottom