Let's see all the Target/Sniper bolt-actions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavrick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally got the 260 all together and to the range.

Surgeon 591 Built by William Roscoe http://louisianaprecisionrifles.com/
Mike Rock 1-8 twist finished at 24
ACIS
Jewell trigger
Threaded 5/8x24
KG gunkote in CR black
TPS rings
NightForce NXS 5.5-22x50 MRAD/MLR High Speed knobs
ai571.photobucket.com_albums_ss157_dustintc00k_dustin043.jpg

ai571.photobucket.com_albums_ss157_dustintc00k_dustin044.jpg

ai571.photobucket.com_albums_ss157_dustintc00k_2s7gfg4.jpg

ai571.photobucket.com_albums_ss157_dustintc00k_dustin045.jpg

ai571.photobucket.com_albums_ss157_dustintc00k_dustin041.jpg

ai571.photobucket.com_albums_ss157_dustintc00k_dustin042.jpg

^ this one is 4 shots @ 100 I dumped the last one.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you purchased it yet?

I have the 4.5-14x Mueller, and like it a lot so far. Not what I want to keep forever, but will work till I can afford better.

Yes sir i ordered it this morning along with the rings and mount

That's the factory thread-protector for the 700 AAC model.

thats correct. Hey ez where did you get your flashhider/supressor mount thats on your rifle???

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes sir i ordered it this morning along with the rings and mount

thats correct. Hey ez where did you get your flashhider/supressor mount thats on your rifle???

Its specifically designed for the AAC SCAR-H SD suppressor (but its essentially a version of the 51 Tooth MITER Blackout).

You can get various Blackout connectors for your rifle with or without MITER or suppressor-specific threads on them - they're great flash-hiders. Major Malfunction got my my last one and the first one came with my can. Midway has them now, but they're out of stock on mine (also, http://www.politesocietyinc.com has them).

I've actually got a PM into Bryon asking if he's got anymore in-stock. I'm wanting to run one on my 5.56 gun (the can works pretty well on 5.56 from what the interwebz say).

Schuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My new rifle to me. Savage 10FP chambered in .308 Winchester short action. Its got an OD Green with Black Web Bell and Carlson A2 Medalist stock on it with a OD Green Eagle Stock Pack, a JP Rifles muzzle brake, a 20 MOA scope base with a Millet LRS-1 6-25x56mm scope set in IOR Valdada 35mm low tactical rings, and a Sharp Shooters Supply extended bolt handle on it. I haven't got to shoot it yet, but going out in a few weeks to western Oklahoma for some long range coyote hunting.

ai461.photobucket.com_albums_qq335_WBSchuster_Savage2.jpg

ai461.photobucket.com_albums_qq335_WBSchuster_Savage3l.jpg

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My new rifle to me. Savage 10FP chambered in .308 Winchester short action. Its got an OD Green with Black Web Bell and Carlson A2 Medalist stock on it with a OD Green Eagle Stock Pack, a JP Rifles muzzle brake, a 20 MOA scope base with a Millet LRS-1 6-25x56mm scope set in IOR Valdada 35mm low tactical rings, and a Sharp Shooters Supply extended bolt handle on it. I haven't got to shoot it yet, but going out in a few weeks to western Oklahoma for some long range coyote hunting.

Curious, why the muzzle brake on the 308? IMO they only make sense when the muzzle blast with it is less punishing than the recoil without it. I've never shot a 308 that qualified. My 18" encore 30-06 doesn't even qualify.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Getting ready for Deer sight-in this weekend :D

Sorry for the crappy indoor lighting and cell-phone pics.

From left to right, my Remington 700 (.308), my 11-year old son's Remington 700 (.308) - his is wearing the AAC SCAR-H SD, and my 10-year old son's ultra-light Spikes build (with an ultra-poor-boy magnifier setup now that I got the Primary Arms throw-lever QD magnifier mount in for the Hensoldt 3x powered rocket-launcher optic on it - not quite LaRue's version, but it works very well):

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Schuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Curious, why the muzzle brake on the 308? IMO they only make sense when the muzzle blast with it is less punishing than the recoil without it. I've never shot a 308 that qualified. My 18" encore 30-06 doesn't even qualify.

The muzzle brake was already on the gun when I bought it. I can take it off and put a suppressor on in the future. I am going to get a thread protector when I get a chance so I don't always have to worry about the muzzle blast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom