Let's see all the Target/Sniper bolt-actions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ez just out of curiosity why are you using ammo for the M1A?

Because it was the cheapest Match-grade ammo I could find (and stupid AmmunitionToGo.com Sold out of Federal Gold Medal Match 168gr BTHP when I left my order window open too long). I'm not a super fan of the PRVI Partizan match stuff, so I thought I'd try this stuff out (no super-complaints about it online that I could find).

I'm going to give it a try and see how it does. If it works out, I'll hunt with it (Its American Eagle Federal 168gr. OTM Ammo). If not, I'll sell it to someone with an M1A I guess :D

Schuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might want to check out this post that I put up a few days ago in the ammo section. I know it isn't Federal, but it is still a good deal on match ammo.

Because it was the cheapest Match-grade ammo I could find (and stupid AmmunitionToGo.com Sold out of Federal Gold Medal Match 168gr BTHP when I left my order window open too long). I'm not a super fan of the PRVI Partizan match stuff, so I thought I'd try this stuff out (no super-complaints about it online that I could find).

I'm going to give it a try and see how it does. If it works out, I'll hunt with it (Its American Eagle Federal 168gr. OTM Ammo). If not, I'll sell it to someone with an M1A I guess :D

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my 1903 match rifle. Pretty much just a poor man's version of a National Match rifle that I picked up at an OKC Metcalf show last July. It has the Lyman front and rear target sights, Lyman/ Unertl OE target scope bases, match trigger, and the stock has been bedded. The only work that I have done to it is replacing the buttplate with the checkered version, polishing the bolt, and replacing the rear ladder sights and an 03 A3 lower band with the correct milled version...

ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_Enfield076e.jpg

...and my 1944 Savage Lend Lease. Wanted a T "ish" clone without drilling and tapping. The scope mount is an S&K, with an early post and crosshair Weaver K2.5. Cheekrest is the Numrich walnut repro version that I did an aged oil finish to match the original finish on the beech stock. The stock is a replacement so everything can be put back to original if need be.

ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_Enfield094e.jpg

mavrick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I got the 300whisper together her are some pics. I put it in my other AICS because I wanted to try out the AI223 mags for feeding issues before I got a bottom metal. They feed like a dream and now I need to order a CDi bottom metal for my B&C stock.
Rem 700 trued
Weaver 3-10x Mil/Mil scope
EGW 30moa base with TPS rings
Douglas 1-7 twist SS 16in barrel
Worked factory trigger
threaded 5/8x24 with cap for Cyclone
working on loads for 220SMK,240SMK and 208Amax

ai571.photobucket.com_albums_ss157_dustintc00k_Photo017t.jpg

ai571.photobucket.com_albums_ss157_dustintc00k_Photo017p.jpg

ai571.photobucket.com_albums_ss157_dustintc00k_Photo0175.jpg

ai571.photobucket.com_albums_ss157_dustintc00k_Photo017g.jpg

[Broken External Image]