Let's see them doggies!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Post evening walk.
20230716_201858~2.jpg
20230716_202127~2.jpg

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why do people get a breed of dog that they really know nothing about? This one started growing up and they didn't want him anymore. The Circle P is turning into a Rottweiler refuge. Slowly working this fella into the pack. I didn't care for his name so it is now Bruno (AKA: Mooch). He's 13 months old and very smart so he and I are going to school since I didn't get him as a puppy. That way we'll be on the same page and get rid of some bad habits. Poor fella stayed in his crate too much and needs to be socialized.
IMG_1650.jpg
70257454717__0DD1066B-02F8-4ED2-9154-F7F5491751B0.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg

Last edited:

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why do people get a breed of dog that they really know nothing about? This one started growing up and they didn't want him anymore. The Circle P is turning into a Rottweiler refuge. Slowly working this fella into the pack. I didn't care for his name so it is now Bruno (AKA: Mooch). He's 13 months old and very smart so he and I are going to school since I didn't get him as a puppy. That way we'll be on the same page and get rid of some bad habits. Poor fella stay in his crate too much and needs to be socialized.
View attachment 395442View attachment 395443

View attachment 395444
I think some people buy a dog for the same reasons they by Brand X car or truck. It looks cool and has some status symbol attached to it. Rots are great dogs. Even poorly trained ones are pretty good over all.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@bigred1
This must be a huge problem with folks getting dogs they can’t or don’t want to take care of, because there’s at least a post a week from someone trying to rehome a dog on a local hunting message board I’m on. I got Easton off that board last year, and he’s a great dog even though he’s dumber than a box of rocks. Like yours, Easton had spent a lot of time in a crate and evidently hadn’t been “talked to”, because he didn’t know simple words like ”treat” and “go”. He’s coming along in his education, and he’s so good natured it’s a pleasure to spend time with him.
IMG_3316.jpeg

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@retrieverman Bruno didn't know how to load in the pickup or how to ride in it. I had to pick his big butt up to get him in it. He's getting better now though because we go for a ride everyday or every other day. Also you should have seen him on the kitchen and dining room floor.....looked like a little bear on roller skates. He'd get his feet back under him and back up all the way to the living room carpet. LOL

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@retrieverman Bruno didn't know how to load in the pickup or how to ride in it. I had to pick his big butt up to get him in it. He's getting better now though because we go for a ride everyday or every other day. Also you should have seen him on the kitchen and dining floor.....looked like a little bear on roller skates. He'd get his feet back under him and back up all the way to the living room carpet. LOL
Easton also had trouble getting into my truck at first. Though he loves to “go”, I think he has a little PTSD from being rehomed. He‘s really excited to get in the truck but gets a deer in the headlight look after we get on the road like he thinks he’s not coming back. He seems to be getting better about this, and I’ve got to where I can read his looks and try to comfort him.
This is our first time adopting a grown dog, and in my opinion, rehoming seems to be a traumatic experience for them.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Easton also had trouble getting into my truck at first. Though he loves to “go”, I think he has a little PTSD from being rehomed. He‘s really excited to get in the truck but gets a deer in the headlight look after we get on the road like he thinks he’s not coming back. He seems to be getting better about this, and I’ve got to where I can read his looks and try to comfort him.
This is our first time adopting a grown dog, and in my opinion, rehoming seems to be a traumatic experience for them.
I'm glad he's doing a lot better...beautiful pup.
I believe your right about rehoming older dogs too. I don't think Bruno had ever seen a long haired old bike rider before, much less coming to live in the woods with me. He's starting to be in my hip pocket now but is still pretty toothy and I don't want him hurting Jack Jack or Layla so I'm slowly getting them acquainted and going to get some good help with his bad tendencies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom