Let's See Those Reloading Benches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Before I cluttered it all up. It now also has a Hornady Lock N Load Single Stage Press on the bench too. Got the 2x4's free from a home builder friend's construction site scrap pile. I put 2 layers 3/4 plywood on it, top and lower shelf. Plastic drawer units from wallyworld. It's setup to be stand up height for me.

ReloadBench3.jpg

BenchPlan.jpg

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take the worst of these pictures, pile an air compressor, a tool box, and an assortment of odd bullets and brass, and a couple of bottles of cleaning solvent. And a very dirty rag or two, and you've got my reloading bench. :pms2:

You modeled yours after mine?!?!?!? I didn't know you'd seen it! Wait ... yours must be the mini version. I've got way more than a couple of bottles of solvent on mine.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So I am trying to figure out how I want to set my bench up.
Lets see some of your set ups.
I am interested to see how different people have their benches set up.

I will go first! :pms2:

View attachment 192633

Hoping to soon go from planning to production so to speak.

May want a thicker piece of plywood for the top if you are going to mount your loader permanently, the 3/8's or 1/2 you have on there is going to flex too much when loading rifle rounds. You could also beef up what you have with more 2x material underneath.

MrChris

Sniper
Special Hen
Reaction score
May want a thicker piece of plywood for the top if you are going to mount your loader permanently, the 3/8's or 1/2 you have on there is going to flex too much when loading rifle rounds. You could also beef up what you have with more 2x material underneath.

That bench is just a storage bench at the moment. I am fabricating a steel framed bench with a slab hardwood top. I am still in the design process which is why I am looking for ideas how I want the final layout and setup to look.
That bench is just 2x4 and drywall screws. It would probably explode within months were I to use it. :pms2:

I appreciate the looking out though. Good man.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
That bench is just a storage bench at the moment. I am fabricating a steel framed bench with a slab hardwood top. I am still in the design process which is why I am looking for ideas how I want the final layout and setup to look.
That bench is just 2x4 and drywall screws. It would probably explode within months were I to use it. :pms2:

I appreciate the looking out though. Good man.

Be prepared to change everything a couple times before you find what suits you best , and then again everytime you add on or upgrade!! It is a vicious cycle I tell ya:cool: ... and enjoyable for the most part LOL.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve slowly dismantled my reloading setup, as I don’t find it enjoyable like some of you do. “Did I add the right amount of powder? Why is this setup not working right? Am I going to get a squib load, or worse, a double dose? Why don’t I just buy factory ammo and save myself the stress??” ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom