Let's talk medic's bags ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
this thread is awesome, Im feeling very under prepared here though... Stupid question time, Are epipens prescription only? the reason I ask is I feel like my daughter should carry one but trying to get her to go to a doc is like trying to get me to go we better be dying or its basically not happening so to speak.

Yes they are. Why do you feel like she should carry one, unless she has a medical reason for one of course. :)

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I wish i was more medical savey, right now if a band aid wont fix it id just haveta put ya down

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

First Responder classes are fairly cheap, couple nights a week at a vo-tech for a few weeks. Above a first aid class, little below an EMTB, way below a paramedic.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes they are. Why do you feel like she should carry one, unless she has a medical reason for one of course. :)

She has some weird allergies, any kind of shellfish for one, even scallops. She cannot even touch shellfish she becomes violently ill. She is highly allergic to raw tomatoes, if the juice gets on her skin she blisters horribly, i've never seen anything like it. And she has Never been stung by a bee or wasp so I don't know how she would react. It just makes me nervous that with those reactions she could have a much worse one someday. She's 23 soon So all I can do is tell her what I think she should do.

Johnjosiah

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some very nice medic bags and such. I'm just curious what situation are you intending for the bags to be used? Random car wreck, home accident/illness or act of violence you come upon with an active and functioning medical system? Or SHTF type situation with no medical system? I generally assume the first type of situation with an active medical system, but just wondered. A lot of the items are temporizing and appear dependent on an active medical system so just wondered.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom