Leupold vs. Vortex warranty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't even think about the America part and that gets my vote as well. My only problem with a repaired scope is that I did not originally buy a repaired scope. :)

Ever had a vehicle repaired?

I have never had a Vortex, so can't speak to that.
I have sent 2 Leupold in. 1st was 1983. Took 4 - 5 weeks, IIRC. It was repaired. I still have it in use.
2nd was replaced with a new one.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never said I don't buy foreign made stuff I said it's at the bottom of my list and yes the house if full of Chinese made junk like everyone else's place hard not to buy non Chinese made consumer goods now days. , if you are OK consciously supporting the CCP good for you, I find it funny how you brag on Vortex and have yet to mention March Tactical which is heads and shoulders above Vortex , Japanese made optics by the way .

If I was going to be buying an Asian made scope for competition it would be a March well before a Vortex
I’m confused. Do you not understand or are you saying you’re unconscious when you are supporting the CCP with your house full of their junk?

I’m not necessarily bragging on Vortex. I’m combating the ignorance of those who never sat behind one for an extended period of time month after month yet have a biased view based on what they heard or read from others.

Go buy a Gen II or III Razor from Vortex and report back in a year or so and tell all of us how sh*^^y they are. If you can’t do that you’re speaking from a position of ignorance.

I agree Leupold makes very good scopes as does Vortex, March, NF, S&B, and a host of others. For some reason you have a pre-determined bias against vortex because some of their lower end scopes source Chinese glass yet you admit you have a house full of Chinese made stuff. So, if I understand you correctly, you don’t support the CCP when it comes to scopes but you do support them when it comes to everything else? I’m glad it makes perfect sense to you and you’re doing your part in not supporting the People’s Republic Of China because to many of us, it smells like a hypocrite.

BTW, Vortex Razor HD, Gen II and Gen III uses Japanese glass…….just like March tactical…..imagine that

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m confused. Do you not understand or are you saying you’re unconscious when you are supporting the CCP with your house full of their junk?

I’m not necessarily bragging on Vortex. I’m combating the ignorance of those who never sat behind one for an extended period of time month after month yet have a biased view based on what they heard or read from others.

Go buy a Gen II or III Razor from Vortex and report back in a year or so and tell all of us how sh*^^y they are. If you can’t do that you’re speaking from a position of ignorance.

I agree Leupold makes very good scopes as does Vortex, March, NF, S&B, and a host of others. For some reason you have a pre-determined bias against vortex because some of their lower end scopes source Chinese glass yet you admit you have a house full of Chinese made stuff. So, if I understand you correctly, you don’t support the CCP when it comes to scopes but you do support them when it comes to everything else? I’m glad it makes perfect sense to you and you’re doing your part in not supporting the People’s Republic Of China because to many of us, it smells like a hypocrite.

BTW, Vortex Razor HD, Gen II and Gen III uses Japanese glass…….just like March tactical…..imagine that

So smart guy how do you go to wal mart and buy a light bulb or most other consumer consumable items and get it made in the USA ?

Now quit being silly the difference between buying consumer consumables for home and a rifle scope is the ability to have a choice. Show us how to go get a spool of thread, tone nail clippers and a host of other daily items all made in the USA at any retail outlet and I am game. Pragmatism necessitates I buy the items commonly available at the big box store because I don't have the option of getting a new US made one . A Vortex isn't one of those items however and there are non Chinese made options available in Sport optics don't act obtuse for the sake of argument.

Last edited:

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Life can be simple! 100% American made! As clear as can be! Very repeatable! Very durable! What you see is what you get!
KIMG0525.JPG

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ever had a vehicle repaired?

I have never had a Vortex, so can't speak to that.
I have sent 2 Leupold in. 1st was 1983. Took 4 - 5 weeks, IIRC. It was repaired. I still have it in use.
2nd was replaced with a new one.
Yes, I have had a vehicle repaired but I didn’t buy it new. 😊 I do my own work since I do not trust dealerships.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So smart guy how do you go to wal mart and buy a light bulb or most other consumer consumable items and get it made in the USA ?

Now quit being silly the difference between buying consumer consumables for home and a rifle scope is the ability to have a choice. Show us how to go get a spool of thread, tone nail clippers and a host of other daily items all made in the USA at any retail outlet and I am game. Pragmatism necessitates I buy the items commonly available at the big box store because I don't have the option of getting a new US made one . A Vortex isn't one of those items however and there are non Chinese made options available in Sport optics don't act obtuse for the sake of argument.
Easy my friend, I don’t worry about it. If I want it, I buy it. Life’s too short to worry about how much money I’m giving China, especially when I’ve got a corrupt government in my back yard

Latest posts

Top Bottom