Leupold vs. Vortex warranty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have taken deer at 413 yards with a Simmons 4.4-14 scope on a .243 Sako and one with a tikka at 339 yards topped with a Nikon 6-24 scope I topped my rifles with the best scope I could afford and let the shooter and rifle do the rest Both shoot 3 shot holes at 100 yards smaller than a dime
That's not the scope doing the dime shot. It is the quality of the rifle barrel. And the ammo plays a huge part in a group!

Worp

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
First of all, I'm not a competition shooter. So my experience with high end scopes is lacking compared to many of you. I do like to shoot way out there. I'm no expert, but I'm decent at it. I know everyone tends to have favorites when it comes to different calibers, guns, and optics. But here's some food for thought. Unless a person just likes to spend a whole lot more money for a little more clarity or light gathering, you should check out Arken's line of scopes. For the money they are hard to beat for a great affordable zero stop scope. The EP series all have Japanese glass. The Genll series have Chinese glass. I have a Savage Axisll Precision 6.5CM with an Arken Genll 6-24x50. Using a load I've come up with that shoots really well through my rifle I've shot sub 3" groups at 800 yards with a 15 mph full value wind and it's always been spot on at any other distance out to that. For a person who takes COPD and asthma meds that make you shake like a bird dog trying to pass a peach seed, that's not too bad! LOL. One of my buddies has a custom 6.5CM with a Vortex, Razor HD and he also has an Savage Axisll 6.5CM with an Arken EP series scope (japanese glass). The clarity and light gathering of his 2 scopes (to us) look to be identical. The only difference we see between those 2 scopes and my Arken Genll, with Chinese glass is the light gathering capability. He is able to shoot around 5 minutes earlier or later than I can. I've never owned any Leupold optics, so personally I can't speak for them. I know they make some great scopes and I have another good buddy that has owned several of Leupold's more pricey scopes and used to swear by them. He now shoots nothing but Arken. Arken supposedly has a great warranty also. Thankfully none of us have had a need to use it yet. The only drawback I see with them is their scopes are pretty heavy. But all of our hunting is done off of platforms that have 360 degree shooting rails so we're always shooting off a bipod anyway. So the extra weight is a plus for us. In the near future I'm going to mount my Genll scope on my Rem 700 BDL 22.250 bull barrel gun and invest in Arken's new Japanese glass EP5, 5-25X56mm, FFP, VPR Reticle, zero stop, 34mm tube scope $449.00. Should be a killer optic for the money!

Broncos

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My father (a WWII vet) gave me some sound advice when I was considering my first scope He asked if the $300 gun would shoot better with a $750 scope

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny, I see it every time I open my safe 😁 I see the Dodge Diesel it is sitting on with boring regularity too! And the sights are still just as clear and repeatable as the day I put them on! 😆
KIMG0587.JPG

Last edited:

lilcountry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only used the Leupold warranty service. It was for an older scope that came on a weapon I acquired. They responded within a week and said it could not be repaired. They asked if it was ok if they sent me a new scope, and I received it within a week.

Latest posts

Top Bottom