LEVI'S 501 Shrink to Fit Button Fly Jeans... like we USED to wear.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 501s are not the same as the 501 Shrink to Fit which are not the same as the 501 selvedge that RH linked.

You can get the basic style at the Memorial Army Surplus store for a pretty decent price. They may even have the shrink to fit.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OMG!! I LOVED my 501s ... they were SOOOO comfortable. Man, I'm missin' my goatroper days.

Summertime ... 501s ... ropers ... a bandana for a shirt ... a pickup truck ... Tishomingo Wildlife Refuge ... a 6-pack ... and the DANGED RANGER!! lol Man, those were the days!!

That's what I'm talkin' bout.

LEVI'S has changed the formula over the years. RH, Those I'm not convinced those selvedge's will be the same (although they look bad@$$!) Do you think they use the same stitching and denim weight as the old ones? The old ones used to literally wear forever... there were no pocket corner blowouts after a couple of years of wear like nowdays.

Last edited:

Bigjoe.45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is AWESOME! Of course now the idea of shrink to fit gives me nightmares. I am more GROW to fit these days. Anybody else tight roll the bottoms or what that a Hobart thing? We were not that inventive, we must have stolen the idea from somewere.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is AWESOME! Of course now the idea of shrink to fit gives me nightmares. I am more GROW to fit these days. Anybody else tight roll the bottoms or what that a Hobart thing? We were not that inventive, we must have stolen the idea from somewere.

Dude, don't even make me go tight rollin' and break out the members only jacket. Pop the collar and you're stylin'

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what I'm talkin' bout.

LEVI'S has changed the formula over the years. RH, Those I'm not convinced those selvedge's will be the same (although they look bad@$$!) Do you think they use the same stitching and denim weight as the old ones? The old ones used to literally wear forever... there were no pocket corner blowouts after a couple of years of wear like nowdays.

I dunno. They are raw denim, and would guess them to be pretty heavy. I've never had a pair so that would just be a guess, but I imagine they would be the closest thing you could get to the old 501's. The new Shrink-to-Fits definitely aren't like the old raw 501's.

You could always go to ebay and buy a real vintage pair of Big E Levis for ridiculous money.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The old 501's had a taped, flat inseam. The new(er) ones will rub ya raw a horseback.

Last Levi's I had (90's) blew out in a year. Lee is junk nowadays also.

Wranglers for me

Latest posts

Top Bottom