LEVI'S 501 Shrink to Fit Button Fly Jeans... like we USED to wear.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am wearing 501s and a tasteful mullet (if there is such a thing) right now. Although I have on combat boots right now, I am getting ready to slip on my Vans and do some bar-b-que and hammock time in the backyard.

No, they are not shrink-to-fits, and not quite as good, but at least they aren't nut pinching Wranglers. I think women must have designed Wranglers. That, or nutless imps.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL ... anybody who has seen me can vouch for the girls!! BTW, bandanas, like many, many other things have shrunk over time. But I can tell you that me and at least two other gals (both of whom were also 36DD back in the day) wore the heck out those things. Tube tops (which were also all the rage) wouldn't stay up ... with the bandanas we could at least tie them tight enough that they wouldn't slip down ... There's nothing worse than being just a little bit tipsy and having to "fuss" with a tube top that won't stay up ... GAH!!

)

I could think of a few things worse... but I was on the other side of that equation,,,,LOL

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They aren't the same jeans. Different cut and a lot thinner - just don't last as long
Exactly, much lighter weight material. Anyone else remember how stiff the old jeans were until you got them broke in? I can remember the start of grade school each year having my new jeans rubbing the back of my knees raw because the jeans were so heavy and didn't want to bend.

Michael

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've worn Levi's 550's for as long as I can remember and recently had to go buy a few pairs for the first time in a long time (Turns out wearing a uniform every day really does save on clothing costs). The 550s I bought last week were cut the same as the ones I remember but were WAY thin.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I quit wearing Levi's when I became aware of their anti-gun bias. Wranglers are my mainstay now.. and I did see levi following in the footsteps of "New and improved" before I quit buying then. Blitzfike

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I quit wearing Levi's when I became aware of their anti-gun bias. Wranglers are my mainstay now.. and I did see levi following in the footsteps of "New and improved" before I quit buying then. Blitzfike

That took long enough for somebody to come along with a buzz kill on the 80s throwback nostalgia thread.

:naughty: Just for the record, you are right on point, IMO.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True Religion seems like you are trying too hard. I have one pair of black ones but they don't have th loud pockets. For me, the loud pockets was several years ago with Japanese Evisu. Now I'm more into PPD or Citizens of Humanity. I mean come on, who doesn't like Citizens of Humanity? They are made in the USA and have what looks like a spent 12 brass as their button. I was a huge fan of the designer Rock and Republic. Great made in America denim. But now they sold out the name and are made in China, sold at Kohls, crap jeans. Total junk.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ETA: It occurs to me that you might not understand the concept of "bias" when it comes to fabric. We took the bandanas and folded them in half, to opposite corners, so it made a triangle. This triangle was really stretchy along the long side of the triangle. Then we tied it around us, long side at the top. You really DON'T want to know how bored we were (or what we had been smoking) in the girls' dorm the night we figured out that bandanas made for pretty nifty tops ... ;)

Like this?
bandana_babe_-_import_cars.jpg

I kind of like this way, too.
Sara_Underwood_Bandanas_sm.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom