LEVI'S 501 Shrink to Fit Button Fly Jeans... like we USED to wear.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 517s are my jean of choice. Being an older school boot cut, they have a fairly high rise. Higher than any of the 527s, 505s, or 514s I have tried on. Jeans are very particular, so if you don't like a boot cut then of course these are out. But they may be worth a shot.

I dunno why, but I just can't get used to a pair of Wranglers. I think it's the pockets. They just don't feel right.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought some 501's at the Levi's outlet at that outlet place in OKC and they suck. My wife pressured me into new jeans cause mine are mostly raggedy. I hate them. (The new 501's, not my well-worn yet comfortable raggedy ones). She says I look "nice" in them though. I think I look like a middle-aged geezer trying to stuff 200 lbs of lard in a 100 lb bag.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No offense intended but I'm afraid I'd have to pass on account of the fact that she ain't got no booty...

I hear ya brother... mind you, that's not a picture of the REAL Becky Brown booty, it was just as close as I could get doing a google search. I had to find some way to give those who never had their own Becky Brown an idea of what it was like.

The REAL Becky Brown rocked a pair of 501's like none other. There is just no human way to describe it fully.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I overbought back in the day and ended up stacking about a half dozen pair on a top shelf of the closet when I transitioned to 550's and beyond. All I need to do is lose about 60 pounds and I'll be good to go for my freshly broken in classic 501's. The button fly might be a little confusing these days though.

It's all about the butt, men and women both. 501's are the best butt jeans ever made.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a couple pairs of 513s recently and I like them OK for when I'm not wearing boots (501s are kinda baggy at the calf on me when I'm not wearing big boots). I got one pair in selvedge but it's not raw. Wish they made it in raw.

I might switch to those for daily wear after years of 501 wearing. Still have to wear 501s or boot-cuts with big boots, tho.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a couple pairs of 513s recently and I like them OK for when I'm not wearing boots (501s are kinda baggy at the calf on me when I'm not wearing big boots). I got one pair in selvedge but it's not raw. Wish they made it in raw.

I might switch to those for daily wear after years of 501 wearing. Still have to wear 501s or boot-cuts with big boots, tho.

When did Ridgehunter become the OSA version of /r/malefashionadvice ??

:D

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look forward to my next article on how to select an appropriate band/concert t-shirt for any give social engagement.

Also a formal wear article called "Plaid Shirts: From weddings to the Waffle House - always a safe choice."

Winter preview: "Surprisingly, technical outdoor wear and surplus WWII field jackets still in style for 10th consecutive year"

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I wore the old Levi shrink to fit jeans for many years. I was very disappointed when they quit making them.

After many years of searching for a decent pair of jeans, I have been wearing Carhartt relaxed fit jeans for about a dozen years now.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In High School, I wore Levi big-bells, probably bought my last pair in 82 or so. My Mom, let my nieces wear them a few years ago, and poof they are gone now. Dang, I was saving them to pay for my retirement! LOL. The last few years I've worn Levi 560's relaxed fit. I guess they don't make them any longer and the ones I have now are getting pretty ragged. I've never been able to wear Wranglers, as they are grape smashers for me, if you get my drift I guess I'll try something else when these old Levis finally give up the ghost.

Latest posts

Top Bottom