LEVI'S 501 Shrink to Fit Button Fly Jeans... like we USED to wear.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
pffffttt.....I bet they're no Becky Brown

You're absolutely right about that... there is NOTHING like Becky Brown.

This is about as close as it gets to the look she was sporting every day...

i45.tinypic.com_30sbsph.jpg

Last edited:

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I became very dissapointed with Levis years ago when I discovered they were anti-gun. I loved them, too. What a shame.

I have, however, discovered jeans that are durable and made for concealed carry. They are Toters Jeans. I've been buying two pair every two years and I still wear some I bought 8 or 9 years ago! I'm due for two pair this year, but I might skip a year since the new ones I bought two years ago still look like new. They are still under a hundred a pair.

Woody

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After 55 years, I purchased my last pair of Levi jeans a year ago. They had shortened up everything, including the pockets, lowered the waistband, and now the new ones are thinner than the worn out ones from years ago. Remember when Mom used those rectangular wire stretchers to dry them so you would not have bent legs when you first put them on and it took a day to get them loosed up? No more. Now Wranglers fit me better. Not as good for me as the old Levi's, but much better than today's new improved Levi's. I am done with them.

Now with the 2A issue, I will never look back.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last Levi's I had (90's) blew out in a year. Lee is junk nowadays also.
A year!?
Man, I don't think I can get a pair of jeans to last even 6 months.....I am notoriously hard on equipment tho'.
I may have to try out those heavy duty jeans that Ridgers posted about.

While I do prefer button-fly jeans they are horribly inconvenient if you carry a gun, particularly if you carry in the appendix position as I do.
With zipper-fly jeans you don't have to undo yer belt at the urinal...just unzip and go.

I quit wearing Levi's when I became aware of their anti-gun bias.
I had to quit letting that influence my purchases to some degreee after I came to the realization that the gun companies themselves are the real 'antis'...

You're absolutely right about that... there is NOTHING like Becky Brown.
This is about as close as it gets to the look she was sporting every day...
i45.tinypic.com_30sbsph.jpg

No offense intended but I'm afraid I'd have to pass on account of the fact that she ain't got no booty...

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I responded to the 501 comment, but I actually wore the 505's for many years with the zipper, but the quality issues are the same. I appendix carry also. They lowered the waistband on the last pair, and that was it for me. With my build, the belt is below my hip bones and now on my tapered down to the bottom side and the only way I could keep them up would be with suspenders, and I am not ready for that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom