LEVI'S 501 Shrink to Fit Button Fly Jeans... like we USED to wear.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OMG!! I LOVED my 501s ... they were SOOOO comfortable. Man, I'm missin' my goatroper days.

Summertime ... 501s ... ropers ... a bandana for a shirt ... a pickup truck ... Tishomingo Wildlife Refuge ... a 6-pack ... and the DANGED RANGER!! lol Man, those were the days!!

A(as in singular) bandana for a shirt.....the girls must not have been as big then, as you claim they are now

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have worn Levi's for over 55 years. Now I am having the same Levi problems others are having. I wore the 555's for years. the last pair I bought the waist band is almost 1 inch lower to my crotch and the pockets are smaller and the material thinner than the older worn shrunk pairs I have had for over two years. Not comfortable to me, might as well wear slacks the material is so thin. They are cutting back so far that now I am unhappy with them and will consider finding another brand to buy. I am going to try on other brands next trip out shopping.

This will be the first time in 55 years to even look at another brand of jeans, but this is what they have caused to try to save a few pennies.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A(as in singular) bandana for a shirt.....the girls must not have been as big then, as you claim they are now

Someone just got called out! whoot!

LOL ... anybody who has seen me can vouch for the girls!! BTW, bandanas, like many, many other things have shrunk over time. But I can tell you that me and at least two other gals (both of whom were also 36DD back in the day) wore the heck out those things. Tube tops (which were also all the rage) wouldn't stay up ... with the bandanas we could at least tie them tight enough that they wouldn't slip down ... There's nothing worse than being just a little bit tipsy and having to "fuss" with a tube top that won't stay up ... GAH!!

Besides ... back then if you weren't a 32B then you couldn't find "foundation garments" to fit for love nor money ... so ... we just went without a lot ... GAWD knows I'm paying for it now ... :wink2:

ETA: It occurs to me that you might not understand the concept of "bias" when it comes to fabric. We took the bandanas and folded them in half, to opposite corners, so it made a triangle. This triangle was really stretchy along the long side of the triangle. Then we tied it around us, long side at the top. You really DON'T want to know how bored we were (or what we had been smoking) in the girls' dorm the night we figured out that bandanas made for pretty nifty tops ... ;)

Last edited:

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... But I can tell you that me and at least two other gals (both of whom were also 36DD back in the day) wore the heck out those things. Tube tops (which were also all the rage) wouldn't stay up ...

Besides ... back then if you weren't a 32B then you couldn't find "foundation garments" to fit for love nor money ... so ... we just went without a lot ...

You fellas see what I mean now about things being great back then? Where the heck are all of the tube tops and free spirited gals now?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I too was a lover of the old button flies back in the day.

My usual attire was Levis 501s, various concert shirts (Ratt, Dokken, Crue, VH, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica etc.) and Nikes or maybe Reeboks.

Sadly, nowadays I've gotten so old and fat, all I ever wear is plain colored T-shirts, Key overhauls and cheap, Wal-Mart canvas deck shoes. :rolleyes2

Latest posts

Top Bottom