Lies lies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm done with this 7 day free trial of living in Alaska.

I'll take Alaska over KC right now.

upload_2021-2-16_7-26-55.png

upload_2021-2-16_7-27-7.png

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pfffttt...

...I got up to go to the bathroom this morning at 4:55 am and it was minus 16 degrees outside in the RV park. It's now warmed up to "almost" minus 14 degrees.

Water lines to the RV apparently froze up yesterday morning early, but we still have propane (in a 250 gallon tank) and electric. I was somewhat surprised that it froze up outside since I use heat thingies on the water hoses and have it all inside two different insulated foam tubes. Someone else in the park had their heated hose freeze up, and yet another person must have had a water leak in their RV as there is a great big icicle and a frozen plume on the ground at the rear corner of their RV.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Sec of energy Kenneth Wagner is on channel 9 right now. He just admitted that they acted on this when they saw gas prices on Friday

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally got an e-mail from ONG about the issue. It sounds like they're not planning on intentionally cutting service to residential customers, but are concerned about not being able to provide service (presumably because of a loss of pressure due to lack of supply).

How does conserving my energy usage help?
Conservation is critical right now to avoid any widespread outages. If an outage situation occurs, it will take an extended length of time to get your service restored. Once our system is operating again, we need to visit each home to check for leaks and re-establish gas service. This would lead to longer periods without service.

What should I do if I lose electricity?
During the electrical outage, we ask that you turn off your furnace. Once power comes back on, please wait 10 minutes, then restart your furnace. This will help our natural gas system adjust to the increase in usage and avoid any further disruptions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom