Living in a neighborhood or out in the country?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papal

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grew up in the sticks, live now on an acre just outside the city.......I've found that no place is perfect. In the country you can do whatever you want, but everything is a PITA. In the city you can't do crap, but it's very convenient ;-) That's why now I live close/in to the city and have land far out....when I get claustrophobic I head to the land....but day to day, city is nice.

The one caveat to the city....as many have mentioned is neighbors. You find yourself some good neighbors and life is great. You have some bad ones and it can be a nightmare.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man if you aint livin in a "hood" you aint experienceing life, sirens, gunshots at midnight ( and most other times , just dont know ? ), peeps walkin down the road talkin to them selves.

Peeps across the alley cussing for hours, throwing beer bottles at each other....wait? ....that was across the street.
Drag racin all hours of the day and night, peeps parking in your driveway ,,,or in your yard.... 8 )

Condition "1" and ALIVE Baby...Feel IT ???

Sad but True

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
best of both worlds, the suburbs

Worst of both worlds to me. I sold my house on 5 acres 6 miles from a Tulsa suburb last year. Moved to midtown on a nice street of mainly older people and my new house is quiter.

I will live in the city until a.) I can afford to move to the real country or a real small town (not a burb) b.) I can afford 2 places or c.) I can move to the REAL country. As in a big acreage 1 hour or more from a real city.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the option of choosing where I lived this summer and I choose to live on 134th just west of Moore. I love the short commute to work, the fact that everything I need is two miles away on 19th st, and I like that Moore has decent schools. I might move eventually but probably not until my kids grow up.

I'm at SW134th & Western, and I agree with you. I like it here, but would like to invest in some property further out for my later years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom