• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Looking for a compact tractor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I would like to buy a compact tractor to use for maintenance work on our property. I looked into buying new, they are too expensive. Ideally, I'd like about 25-30 horse, with a front-end loader and a box blade at the least. I would prefer hydrostatic transmission. To get that in my price range, I'm probably going to be looking at an older model. I don't know much about tractors. If anyone has one they are looking to sell, let me know.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I would like to buy a compact tractor to use for maintenance work on our property. I looked into buying new, they are too expensive. Ideally, I'd like about 25-30 horse, with a front-end loader and a box blade at the least. I would prefer hydrostatic transmission. To get that in my price range, I'm probably going to be looking at an older model. I don't know much about tractors. If anyone has one they are looking to sell, let me know.
Farm stores and local diners, coops usually have a magazine rack in the front of their stores with trading magazines that are free.
https://www.equipmenttrader.com/Tractors/equipment-for-sale?category=Tractors|2001881
Go to the local donut shop early in the morning and buy a round of coffee for the farmers. Slip in the conversation you have some money and want a tractor.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
A John Deere 1025R is an amazingly capable tractor for a sub-compact, 25HP tractor. Go to YouTube and watch any number of vides from "Tractor Time With Tim" or "Good Works Tractors". I've seen Tim do some amazing things with one of these small tractors.

There are several low-hour used ones for sale around OK priced between $10k and $20k depending on age and included implements. Check out tractorhouse.com and search "1025r".

I had a JD 2038R tractor/loader/backhoe but sold it when I left Idaho. I really regret that. What a great machine that was.

I'll be in the market for a little bit bigger machine soon, too. I'll be looking at the 40 - 45 horsepower range.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have an older Ford 1600 (1980’s model…I’d have to do some research for exact year). It’s a two wheel drive with a manual transmission. No front end loader. The tractor shows its age, but it has been properly maintained for the last 30 to 40 years. The tractor is my dad’s, but he is getting to old to get onto it safely. He told me that he’s ready to sell it. The tractor has primarily been used for blading gravel drives and some brush hogging. It starts right up, and it’s still a strong running little tractor. We would sell it for $3200 with an older but functioning brush hog. $3600 with a box blade and the brush hog. If you’re interested, I can post some pics.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There's a Ford 3000 in the OSA classifieds right now that would be great for property maintenance, even though it doesn't have a loader. FWIW, although a loader is really nice to have, my dad and I did a lot of property maintenance without one.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I’m a Kubota fan, but I’ve also had a couple JD compacts. I used to search Craigslist list for tractors, but now, I look on FB marketplace. My favorite little tractors are the older L series Kubotas….L2900, L3010, L3130.

Latest posts

Top Bottom