Looking for a little gun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Under $400 and no revolvers doesn't leave you much wiggle room. KelTecs suck, so they're out. Maybe you can pick up a used Ruger LCP or S&W Bodyguard 380.

I was wanting to ask you why you say Kel-Tecs suck. Person experience, someone you know had problems, jams, failure to fire, just not dependable, problems with slide or frame or mag, ???. If so, what model did you have problems with? The reason I am asking is that I am thinking of getting a Pf9. 5.5 lb trigger, feels pretty good, single stack 9mm. Or I could pay $90 more.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a LCP. not much grip and not fun to shoot BUT I always have it on me as it fits in all my pants. Light enough and small enough that I really do not realize I have it on. barrel is almost 3" and i can shoot it pretty accurately for a small gun. i like shooting it much more than my snubbie revolver.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wanting to ask you why you say Kel-Tecs suck. Person experience, someone you know had problems, jams, failure to fire, just not dependable, problems with slide or frame or mag, ???. If so, what model did you have problems with? The reason I am asking is that I am thinking of getting a Pf9. 5.5 lb trigger, feels pretty good, single stack 9mm. Or I could pay $90 more.

I never had an issue with my PF9. I did not keep it, but had no issues with it, fired every time.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know you said no revos but I just picked up a Charter Arms Undercover 38 with overmolded grip brand new out the door for $310. Even with the larger grip it fits fine in my front pocket and disappears on the waist with a good holster. I had a LCP and couldnt hit crap with it due to the extremely long extremely ****** trigger

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem many (No all) have with some of the small semi-auto pistols chambering the first round is because they either did not or misread the instructions.

To chamber the first round on several small semi autos;

take the magazine out of the pistol, load the magazine, do not put it back in the magazine well yet, now pull the slide back and charge the pistol, make sure the slide locks back in the slide open position, now insert the magazine, make sure it clicks securing the magazine in the magazine well, then let the slide slam forward by either pressing the slide release or while pressing the slide release pull back on the slide and release it letting it pick up a cartage. If you are a person that loads your magazine full, then now release you magazine and put another cartridge in it, then replace it in the magazine well, make sure it seats.

The OP said he was looking for a pistol with these requirements:

No revolvers
Has to be small to comfortably carry in his pocket
No revolvers
Has to be in the $300.-$400. range
9mm - .380

As one person said earlier this limits your choices, he did not say it had to be new, this now opens up the choices, some.
He owns Lorcin so he is open to lower quality weapons, but for protection I am sure he wants one that will work every time.

In the new I would suggest a Ruger LCP

In used it all comes down to what he can find in the $300. - $400. range and hoping that someone is not wanting a New In The Box Price for it. He might find a used Khar, or Springfield Armory XD or XDS in that price range.

He has restricted himself by stating he does not want a revolver.

Good luck,

Mark

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes , those were his terms, But , sometimes people dont know whats good for them, Or what they Really want..... ;)
....gov comes to mind?
So he must be coersed to what he should want ...correct?

; )

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about a Taurus PT 111 or 140? Those are in that price range new. I had a PT-140 I carried for about 2 years and never once had any issues with it. I sold it to my brother in law and he has carried it for about 4 years and as far as I know he hasnt had any issues with it either. Not sure if they are small enough for what you are wanting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom