Looking for qualified individuals for prep....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Badge bunny...I have not posted to any other sites....again, I am not asking for money to paid to me, either. Being leery is totally acceptable, especially in this day and age...but, at some point we need to talk brass tacks....bottom line is that only the basic idea has been established.....SMS asks great questions and I appreciate simply not ragging on an idea just because that's what most of these forums lead to. We have several individuals who are concerned about the current financial status of our Country....we don't have much by way of by laws or hard line rules....we are looking for a full stock of interested members to establish all these things. It would be unfair and presumptuous for let's say five of us that are involved to establish rules for potentially a group of 10 that should all have equal say in the way things run. In concept, we envisioned a place where all members and their immediate family have 24/7 access....equal among all members. As a father of 2, I like the idea of having 40 acres where I can go camping or target shooting...a great getaway for really an affordable price. The price point is a ball park for the land and a potential steel structure/shed that could be used as a very comfortable shelter. Again, this is not a hard and fast rule...I have come on here looking for interested parties who will have equal say. No money will ever be paid to me or any member. It's for the property and build....I hope this answers some questions? There are always more questions to be asked and I welcome constructive responses....bashing is not welcome.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glockcop.....I think this would involve a phone conversation and maybe coffee or lunch....nothing complicated. It's important for all prospective members to see we are on the up and up and vice versa....no DNA samples or anything like that. Remember that all of us....prospective members included, will be trusting one another implicitly with their bug out location...their families, etc, we want to make sure all members work well together and have similar concepts..,,,this is a team environment.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find this interesting too. $8000.00 just for a "stake" in the project. The members are primarily from the Law Enforcement community? I don't know of any cops with that kind of money to throw around just to gain admission to a survivalist group. If they did, I'd find it slightly suspicious and wonder about their integrity.

Is the membership limited on this group?
How many members are being recruited?
If the location is to be secret, the more members, the more chances of location being exposed.

Posting openly on the internet for membership to what is loosely being described as a secret society is not a very good way to keep a secret.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SMS....on the food question, we talked about this at length..I have 2 kids (who eat like birds)but another members family has 3 kids, etc....we thought it best to come up with a food storage based on the members family size...ultimately it would all work even when it came to portioning. That way a single mother with let's say 1 child would not be stuck paying for a family of 5... Again, not a hard and fast rule...just a basic thought on fairness....

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Legally speaking, what you and your "group" envision is a nightmare. Be prepared for it to cost you more in legal fees and insurance costs than what it will be worth in the end.

I've seen any number of contracts that have tried to establish equitable sharing of a joint property. Someone always finds a loophole, exploits it and then things go south from there. Then all these best buddies who thought it would be cool to have a joint hunting cabin out in the middle of nowhere wind up spending all their time in the courtroom and all their money on legal fees. Granted, if things had gone well, I wouldn't have been reading about all the gory details but it happened enough during my career to make me just a tad bit leery of joint ownership of anything with anyone, except maybe my darling JBT ... And sometimes I have to wonder if I did the right thing with him ... :wink2:

I guess you've figured out already that I'm not interested but I do wish you all the luck in the world. You are gonna need it.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glockcop.....I think this would involve a phone conversation and maybe coffee or lunch....nothing complicated. It's important for all prospective members to see we are on the up and up and vice versa....no DNA samples or anything like that. Remember that all of us....prospective members included, will be trusting one another implicitly with their bug out location...their families, etc, we want to make sure all members work well together and have similar concepts..,,,this is a team environment.

Errrr ... I guess now would be a good time to mention that if I'm not interested, he's not interested either.

We've not had too much luck with that "team environment" thing. Although you are welcome to take him to lunch one of these days ... Get him outta my hair for a while! :wink2:

Down to brass tacks here, he's set to retire in not very many more years and we have a plan in place. That plan does not include taking on a bunch of folks we don't know and handing over what would buy us a substantial piece of land (that we would not have to share) free and clear.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We don't want more than 8-10 members (not including family, obviously). It's not a secret society, either....we are not extremists....just looking for people who are interested in preparing in a relatively affordable way...$8k is not a ton of money in the king run....they pay us pretty decent in the federal system! If posting using an anonymous name on a prepped forum is not appropriate then what is? I have tapped into all the people that i know through work and socially that kinda fit the bill....we still need more to keep the cost manageable....Seems like a lot of people on here talk about being prepared and all these cool gadgets and guns...but with really no plan. This is at least a start....

Latest posts

Top Bottom