Looking for qualified individuals for prep....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Valid points on the land issue....no doubt that could be concern....we will try our best to minimize those issues. However, your issue of not playing well with others really does not lend way to a long term prep plan for you and glock cop....no one can manage long term with just 2 people....

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not very up on land costs these days but at 10 members with $8k buy in, you are talking $80k to purchase 40 acres and maybe build a shed. Is there really farmable and livable land, 65 miles from OKC, going for less than $2k per acre these days?

How many folks lined up already? Any existing skills besides "law enforcement" brought in so far?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We don't want more than 8-10 members (not including family, obviously). It's not a secret society, either....we are not extremists....just looking for people who are interested in preparing in a relatively affordable way...$8k is not a ton of money in the king run....they pay us pretty decent in the federal system! If posting using an anonymous name on a prepped forum is not appropriate then what is? I have tapped into all the people that i know through work and socially that kinda fit the bill....we still need more to keep the cost manageable....Seems like a lot of people on here talk about being prepared and all these cool gadgets and guns...but with really no plan. This is at least a start....

Hmmmm ... And there it is ... The hard sell ... Let me be the first of many who are gonna point this out to ya, my newfound prepper friend, but you and your buddies are the ones with no real plan ... Hey! Let's go on the internet, start posting on a board we've had no interest in participating in up 'til now and see how many of it's members we can get to lay down $8K for our hairbrained scheme to buy land that's gonna be swarmed by cityfolk (65 miles isn't even an entire tankful of gas away from anywhere) the second the zombies take flight ...

Yeah ... that's a plan alright. :rolleyes2

And as the wife of a LEO I'm pretty confident when I tell you that "law enforcement" is not a skill-set ... It's a JOB DESCRIPTION ...

So?? You are "in the federal system", huh?? :lookaroun Marshall?!!?!? Is that you?!?!!?!?

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Land is the one thing that is nailed down for sure....I have found a very suitable location that has water and electric that is very remote for an asking price of $60k....I am confident that a cash offer could get us the land for closer to $50k. We are a group of 5 so far....4 of us with families ranging from one child to 3. The 5th member is a single mom of one of the other members. We have some military as well as Leo experience....some hunting and all-around prep-minded individuals.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't work for the marshals....when "zombies" come looking you don't want to be more than a tankful away.....imagine what i40 will look like! You want to contend with that!? Again, this isn't hard sell! I am merely asking for interested folks. What is so problematic with that? I can tell from your posts that you are hostile towards anything other than whatever your "fail-proof" plan is and that you would be the antithesis of what we would look for. We can do this with the numbers we have...it would be tougher financially but we could do it....just in slower stages. The main issue is that we are not well-rounded enough in my opinion. Isn't that the better way to be....to know the weaknesses and try to build on them!? I can't speak for your husband but I can tell you that we consider ourselves in a profession....I won't even bother trying to defend that.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to start out by saying that I'm not interested in partaking, but nowhere in this thread have I gotten the idea that Maverick is saying "pay me $8k and I'll guarantee safety when SHTF." BB brings up great points on the property ownership. I'm not sure the possibilities of such a broad range of owners, and despite owning a very tiny piece of land myself, I really don't know much more than I need to legally maintain and continue owning my current property. So, is it possible having everybody come together to start a business and then the business owns the land, that way people can be bought out without having to fight over property rights? Is there a way to divide the land up into areas for each family, that way the entire area is still owned by you all, but composed of individual plots where no one plot is more vital to the cause than the other? Example, one plot maintains a greenhouse, the other an underground shelter.

I think it's a great idea and shows some creative thinking and I'm sure that after ironing out some of the wrinkles you guys could come up with a pretty solid fallout. I've always thought that we have a better chance of surviving as a group than we do as individuals.

Good luck!

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, Danny....I appreciate the forward thinking. And you are right, there are issues that need to be worked out. We are looking for a team entire to be part of those critical decisions.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't work for the marshals....when "zombies" come looking you don't want to be more than a tankful away.....imagine what i40 will look like! You want to contend with that!? Again, this isn't hard sell! I am merely asking for interested folks. What is so problematic with that? I can tell from your posts that you are hostile towards anything other than whatever your "fail-proof" plan is and that you would be the antithesis of what we would look for. We can do this with the numbers we have...it would be tougher financially but we could do it....just in slower stages. The main issue is that we are not well-rounded enough in my opinion. Isn't that the better way to be....to know the weaknesses and try to build on them!? I can't speak for your husband but I can tell you that we consider ourselves in a profession....I won't even bother trying to defend that.

Marshall is a guy's name (and I wouldn't put a stunt like this past him), not a job title. He, too, is "in the federal system" ... Cripes, all you guys make it sound like you are inmates ... "I'm in the federal system" LOL ...

You read way too much into my posts (a common problem with newcomers here, which makes me think you really aren't Marshall, after all. Sorry, Marshall. :fallangel )

No where did I say my plan was "fail-proof". Personally, I do not believe that any plan is fail-proof. If you doubt me, find a lawyer and work for him/her for a while. You will see any number of "fail-proof plans" that have gone south in ways that will make your hair stand up on the back of your neck. Sure, there is always a better way to be.

Yes, yes, yes ... I "know" you guys are professionals, for heaven's sake ... :slap:

I do believe I said somewhere, up there, for posterity and the Interwebz po-po that I wished you all luck ... And I do ... You are gonna need it if you think that a telephone conversation, coffee and/or lunch is gonna be enough to be able to judge someone's character enough to take their money and bring them into the fold. If you are on the up and up, and you do have land secured already, you are in a particularly precarious situation, legally. BTW, you don't happen to have water and mineral rights to that land do you?

And with that I'm out for the day ... we have people to see, guns to buy, horses to water ... that sort of thing ... Later!!

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Valid points on the land issue....no doubt that could be concern....we will try our best to minimize those issues. However, your issue of not playing well with others really does not lend way to a long term prep plan for you and glock cop....no one can manage long term with just 2 people....

Seems you have met my wife. :lmfao: BB has an issue? who knew? lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom