Looking for qualified individuals for prep....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maverick, you can now take comfort in the fact that you're no longer the poster with the fewest number of posts. I, too, have been a viewer on this forum for a while and have had no reason to post or reply.

Anyway, I trust you've viewed the responses and have understood the apparent cynicism from higher-post-number folks. There's no doubt that one's forum status is pretty much directly tied to one's number of posts. "Just another newbie", anyone?

There were some good initial questions in reply which probably weren't answered satisfactorily according to the questioners. Fair enough. It appears to me that the simple answer may well be "We really haven't gotten that far but your questions raise some essential points which need to be completely hashed out by the present group members." (Which probably means that your initial request was somewhat premature but then you wouldn't have gotten the benefit of such good questions)

I'm not particularly thinking of applying for group membership, but as a "civilian", (soap box time: I HATE the term LEO instead of the old-timey peace officer label) my question would be: As someone who isn't a sworn officer for some jurisdiction, would my family and I be somehow considered outside the inner circle or not trustworthy of total input?

And here's another one: Are all the sworn officers already members of either Sheriff Richard Mack's Constitutional Sheriffs group or Oathkeepers? If not, I personally would question someone's ultimate loyalties to the Constitution and to the rebuilding of a proper society once the manure hit the turbocharger. How could potential civilian members of the group understand whether or not someone might fold right into the arms of FEMA or DHS - particularly when most jurisdictions are getting lots of training, equipment and other things directly from the feds? This kind of unknown intrigue would not lead me toward any warm and fuzzies, quite honestly.

Regardless, blessings toward your endeavors and to success. Once we patriots have sorted each other out, we're going to sorely need each other. And people like the Oathkeepers may very well be the ones who tip the scales.

Stephen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the idear of have a land I can go shoot the steel ammos anytime.
So, you were saying one can buy a 40 acreas for $50k?
Does 40 acreas of land big enough to hide when SHTF?
Anyone have a idear? Stephen

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it would be in your best interest to contact a lawyer and put together something to protect each person that invest. There are a lot of legalities you are over looking that could come back to bite you in the ass. You should also find out if mineral rights will be included with the purchase of the land. This is very important especially if the property holds water or any other resource of value. I would also recommend dividing the land up among those invested.

Last edited:

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why is it when someone starts one of these threads they always get testy when they are questioned?

Mav, one of the most important things to be able to do in this world is to look at what seems to be a good idea on the surface and look for every conceivable reason why it won't work. THEN work your way back out of those problems. Until you can do that you are destined to fail. People who fail to do this have funded the college funds and retirement plans of attorneys much dumber than you, me and half of Memphis put together.

The fact that I even have to spell that out to you tells me you are ... well ... either a fool or a snake-oil salesman.

You may not like what I said, or how I said it, but the fact of the matter is I made you uncomfortable. In your discomfort you chose to lash out at me, rather than take a hard look at what you are attempting to do. No skin off my teeth, mind you, but if you might take a step or two back and look long and hard at what you tried to accomplish with this thread and why it failed.

Now ... Gillman ... Let me know when you are ready to close on that town ... I've been dying to try out my new haz-mat suit ... :wink2: I have it on good authority that Lurker66 would be "in" too. Something about surviving wine with brown floaties in it ... :lmfao:

Sister we're on the same page. Most of my greats plans and ideas fail because i try really hard to make them fail. When they dont, i know it might work.

Brown floatie things in poison wine is not conducive to surviving unless you have lotsa peanut butter and TP. Oh and flu flu spray, lol.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So let's keep playing this out. Think about what you just told me, a perspective member:

I'm going to sign up as a member of a group, help purchase land, help get it ready in some fashion to sustain life (which will take even more financial investment) and then, when the balloon goes up we will inhabit the location (if it's not taken already like Lurker suggested) and begin "surviving". Surviving, or whatever we will call it in a no-kidding failure of societal structure will take 24/7 work...actual real, bloody knuckle work that a lot of modern folks don't do any more as a hard skill, especially cops and us military guys. Gardening (real, food producing gardening not backyard hobby stuff), hygeine, tending to livestock, tending to small kids, 24/7 security, cloverleaf patrols, LP/OPs, foraging, improving living and defensive structures, Gathering and cutting firewood, preparing 3 or more meals a day, mending clothes, caring for the sick and wounded etc....

And now you just told me that when I show up with my family, you and a bunch of other able bodied men/women won't be there to help because they cannot leave their posts? I'm sure your wife is just as bad-ass as mine, but everyone has their limits. Caring for two kids, especially if they are little, is a full-time job by itself. She isn't going to be as near as productive or helpful doing all those other things I listed as a functioning/complete family unit would be. The burden therefore shifts to me. In addition to caring for my family and doing the extra stuff that will be required, My wife and I will have to carry some of the load created by your absence. Why would I sign up for that when we both paid an equal share? If we were lifelong friends, partners on the job, or former battle buddies, maybe, but to expect that kind of deal between total strangers is iffy.

I really think some expectation management is in order. If you already have 5 people, find a smaller even more secluded place to hide your family away and find one or two solid individuals that you absolutely trust to help care for them until you can join back up with them.

Definitely fair questions to be asked...again, I think I mentioned before that by no means are there answers to all the questions posed here...but, that's expressly what I am hoping to gain as we develop the group concept...you ask very educated questions and I really appreciate an honest look at the concept in principle. I am a "the glass is half full" kinda guy. I realize it comes with some difficulties but that is no reason for me to give up....

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Bb...I have no idea what you are even talking about...I had a very simple and direct question that you somehow turned into an opportunity to provide life lessons from your vast well of knowledge. I hardly attacked you...read your posts and you would see it was you who threw the first grenade...failed? I hardly see how this is a failure...I simply was asking for interested parties...if there are none then no biggie...I thought of this as an avenue and you thought of it as an opportunity to dump all over it. I also mentioned that no negative posts were welcome...constructive ideas, yes...but not simply bashing. I have very little interest in online groups but this one peaked my interests a bit...the intrigue has all but worn off though...

Mav, your idea bout buying land is an ok idea. If your serious about prepping, im sure you are, listen to what BB and others have to say. Even if it comes off as negative or bashing, theres a certain amount of wisdom in words.

Dont let your intrigue about this forum wane. So an idea got bashed, hell i voted for Obama, now thats a bashing.

This is the best local prpper forum anyway, (until that Okie specific takes off). Hang around and lurk, drink some aged elderberry wine and enjoy.

Also read "Selco", his writings and blog is the best the internet has to offer.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maverick, you can now take comfort in the fact that you're no longer the poster with the fewest number of posts. I, too, have been a viewer on this forum for a while and have had no reason to post or reply.

Anyway, I trust you've viewed the responses and have understood the apparent cynicism from higher-post-number folks. There's no doubt that one's forum status is pretty much directly tied to one's number of posts. "Just another newbie", anyone?

There were some good initial questions in reply which probably weren't answered satisfactorily according to the questioners. Fair enough. It appears to me that the simple answer may well be "We really haven't gotten that far but your questions raise some essential points which need to be completely hashed out by the present group members." (Which probably means that your initial request was somewhat premature but then you wouldn't have gotten the benefit of such good questions)

I'm not particularly thinking of applying for group membership, but as a "civilian", (soap box time: I HATE the term LEO instead of the old-timey peace officer label) my question would be: As someone who isn't a sworn officer for some jurisdiction, would my family and I be somehow considered outside the inner circle or not trustworthy of total input?

And here's another one: Are all the sworn officers already members of either Sheriff Richard Mack's Constitutional Sheriffs group or Oathkeepers? If not, I personally would question someone's ultimate loyalties to the Constitution and to the rebuilding of a proper society once the manure hit the turbocharger. How could potential civilian members of the group understand whether or not someone might fold right into the arms of FEMA or DHS - particularly when most jurisdictions are getting lots of training, equipment and other things directly from the feds? This kind of unknown intrigue would not lead me toward any warm and fuzzies, quite honestly.

Regardless, blessings toward your endeavors and to success. Once we patriots have sorted each other out, we're going to sorely need each other. And people like the Oathkeepers may very well be the ones who tip the scales.

The initial members were chosen out of an ongoing friendship and trust factor...in and out of work. We really don't "keep to ourselves" as far as the law enforcement thing...meaning, we all have friends and acquaintances outside the law enforcement community. By no means would this be a "click" that someone needs to work around. I appreciate your comments and am happy there are some that can see that i am simply trying to put out feelers for interested individuals who might want to prepare but lacks the resources or know-how to do it themselves. Even though I am a law enforcement officer I am still a husband...a father, and I have the same worries (maybe more) than the man or woman working in America just trying to get by...

Latest posts

Top Bottom