Looking for someone to clean my house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any friends have a teenager that would do that?

Cleaning services around here prefer their own supplies. They don't worry about having enough, or reading labels of new product.

They also charge more per hour.

I have 1 friend that cleans.

A few friends use a cleaning service.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oof, boy do I feel this. I tried to do some yardwork this morning because it was cool outside. Good thing I had my phone in my pocket -- I had to call Grumpy to come outside and help me get back to the house. Guess I'm gonna have to make sure I have my cane with me all the time.

Get one of those small folding step stools. I found that if I have one of those with me when getting down on the floor, it works magnificently to help me get up. Carry it around in the yard and use it to sit on for some jobs and be close for getting up.

Folding Step Stool.jpg

When we were helping our youngest son get his house ready for new flooring before moving in, I was assigned to get down and remove all the baseboards in the rooms. Of course, with no furniture in the house to crawl to to use to get up, the step stool was highly useful.

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m consistently surprised that people don’t know modern labor rates and how expensive things will be.

I don’t think you’re gonna like the people that will come over for $25/hour. My cleaning lady charges $50/hour and she’s on the rougher side of things. I do a good clean every year for my wife’s birthday and Mother’s Day. Our last one cost me $600 and my wife told me to stop doing it. Lol. She did a nice job though.

Around here a decent monthly clean goes for $250 and probably last 2-3 hours.

I have conversations with my older neighbors about this all the time. I pay my babysitter $25/hour and she’s a 17 y/o. She’s straight up with us that she clears $50-70/hour waitressing. She’s only willing to babysit if she doesn’t have a shift.

I’m assuming you’re one of those people that will only pay for labor when someone is on-site. Which means if you’re asking them to drive an hour round trip to you, spend an hour at your house cleaning, they’d be making $12.50/hour. The only people willing to work for that are criminals and illegals.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sucks getting old and it sucks being damaged.
Hope you find someone dependable. So few people want to work these days.

eta: we’re about to do a deep clean here. I’m not looking forward to the after effects it’ll have on my old carcass.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m consistently surprised that people don’t know modern labor rates and how expensive things will be.

I don’t think you’re gonna like the people that will come over for $25/hour. My cleaning lady charges $50/hour and she’s on the rougher side of things. I do a good clean every year for my wife’s birthday and Mother’s Day. Our last one cost me $600 and my wife told me to stop doing it. Lol. She did a nice job though.

Around here a decent monthly clean goes for $250 and probably last 2-3 hours.

I have conversations with my older neighbors about this all the time. I pay my babysitter $25/hour and she’s a 17 y/o. She’s straight up with us that she clears $50-70/hour waitressing. She’s only willing to babysit if she doesn’t have a shift.

I’m assuming you’re one of those people that will only pay for labor when someone is on-site. Which means if you’re asking them to drive an hour round trip to you, spend an hour at your house cleaning, they’d be making $12.50/hour. The only people willing to work for that are criminals and illegals.
Mom has a cleaning boy (Justins his name) and his sister, about 30 and he's super good. Usually there 1.5 to 2 hours twice a month. $65 each time. I said i'll pay $25 and what I didnt say is I see what you can do and then adjust up.
I would never ask someone to drive an hour. If you read it again my original post says local to Mustang, sw OKC. Clean your glasses for gawd sake.
Dont talk to me like I am stupid, I was born at night, just not last night.

Latest posts

Top Bottom