Looking seriously at an E-bike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been a road bike rider for some time, my Wife has joined me in the past, good times together although she and I ride at different speeds. After 12 years on a used bike I bought myself a new bike a few months ago, got me interested in riding again so for me it was worth it. Also wanted to get my Wife back into it but a traditional road bike wasn't the solution. I ended up getting her a Trek Verve + Gen3, she is having a blast riding, and it is absolutely kicking my ass trying to keep up with her. There are some days when she actually suggests we ride which makes it all worth while. The Verve tops out at 20mph for the assist, the range depends on the amount of assist selected and the terrain. She is running in Turbo mode exclusively so the battery consumption is much higher. We have knocked out several 20-25 mile rides and it always has ~40% battery life left. So far we are really happy with it, the price isn't the cheapest but the smiles per mile ratio is really high.

Last edited:

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before we excaped CA the E-bikes were very popular with all age groups. Went back this summer and even moreso. THere are a ton of companies out there that make quality. I research a bit before we moved and there's a lot to know and learn about what will work best for your needs. Sorta what I gathered, and as you seem to have talked about, the most important items are the types and placement of the batteries and the types and locations of the motors. Also, it seems that to get the better models you got to spend the $$$$$.

Lastly, no matter how goofy you feel, buy and WEAR a helmet!

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An update on the E-Bike. In a little less than 2 months she has put almost 250 miles on it. Latest was a trip we took to ABQ last weekend for Balloon Fiesta. Over 3 days we rode 67 miles with our Daughter and her Partner. While the 3 of us were bitching about some of the climbs and head winds, my Wife was just pedaling and smiling the entire time. I did decide to haul the bikes on a bike rack on my truck, found out the weight of the ebike puts you into a different category of racks that have a higher weight capacity. Something to be aware of.

trek.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom