Looks like OBN just nailed another foreigner bootlegging pot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that a relevant point? Alcohol is great as an antiseptic, but I'd wager that 99.9999% of it's value is recreational.
I agree. And having known guys in the business… and knowing guys that have friends in the business… every one of them has made it known they sell under the table tax free to people with no cards, and all you have to do is say “I have anxiety” and congratulations you now have a card to smoke weed which doesnt cure your fear. Viola!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. And having known guys in the business… and knowing guys that have friends in the business… every one of them has made it known they sell under the table tax free to people with no cards, and all you have to do is say “I have anxiety” and congratulations you now have a card to smoke weed which doesnt cure your fear. Viola!
There are certain strains that do help anxiety. Other strains that cause it lol

Birdistheword

Marksman
Reaction score
A few things I have noticed missing from the discussion on this subject across the board. Full disclosure, I am obstinate about this issue on all fronts, I consider it wrong for people, for the state, for the culture, and as a medical solution for it's stated purpose, not trying to upset anyone, just leading with that at the outset before making any other points. This is probably my least valuable point so I'll start with it, when marijuana was first legalized in Colorado I read a report from an ER doc refuting claims about safety regarding overdose and stating that edibles did create numerous overdose situations that carried serious risks to the users. Additionally he stated that use of marijuana made an individual 5 times as likely to be diagnosed with mental or anxiety disorders. That stuck in my mind and some anecdotal experience I've had with users has borne that out.
Point two is environmental and I hear almost nothing from anyone about it. These facilities use a massive amount of our ground water for basically a non-agricultural use, as in they aren't feeding people with the water use and it's much more water than a family on a similar sized property would likely consume and I have concerns about replacement rates for that water. Point two B,a book by a California game warden tasked with discovery of illegal grows on wildlife areas called "War in the Woods",(I apologize for forgetting the authors name), details how present banned chemicals are at grows managed very similar to some I've seen here and in addition to those chemicals having an unknown effect on the users, they were often not disposed of properly and created a significant threat to native wildlife and ecosystems, requiring tax dollars to correct.
Point three, others have alluded to this already in part, but I'll add my perspective also, all foreign land ownership is a national security threat in my opinion. Coupled with the known Chinese nation's theory of "total war", I believe that is the cause for particular scrutiny on citizens of that county having indiscriminate use of our natural resources in any capacity, and specifically I believe that Oklahoma as a state entity may not be able to prevent all of that, but certainly we shouldn't make it easy on behalf of our own citizens. As a sub point I also don't like the land price competition for our citizens and people with what I consider more legitimate purposes.
Again, not intending to cause a stir with those who have a different opinion, just trying to add points I haven't seen as well developed.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was kidding. Didnt think you were a pot user.

None of us on this forum are. To do so would constitute having a Hunter Biden situation the next time we filled out a 4473 -- and we cant have that

but danged if i wished the state could set guidelines for the appearance of these operations. A semi rural intersection a 1/2 mile from my mom's home has 2 shops on opposing corners -- Oklahoma Skunk Farm, and Mary Jane Store -- I dont have children, but i just imagine if i was a 10 year old, seeing the creative names, signage and colors would pique my interest

This mess is legal in Missouri for recreational use too , but you have to want to find a store to find it as signage is always discrete. Kind of like the states and municipalities who have guidelines on the height of business signs and billboards

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few things I have noticed missing from the discussion on this subject across the board. Full disclosure, I am obstinate about this issue on all fronts, I consider it wrong for people, for the state, for the culture, and as a medical solution for it's stated purpose, not trying to upset anyone, just leading with that at the outset before making any other points. This is probably my least valuable point so I'll start with it, when marijuana was first legalized in Colorado I read a report from an ER doc refuting claims about safety regarding overdose and stating that edibles did create numerous overdose situations that carried serious risks to the users. Additionally he stated that use of marijuana made an individual 5 times as likely to be diagnosed with mental or anxiety disorders. That stuck in my mind and some anecdotal experience I've had with users has borne that out.
Point two is environmental and I hear almost nothing from anyone about it. These facilities use a massive amount of our ground water for basically a non-agricultural use, as in they aren't feeding people with the water use and it's much more water than a family on a similar sized property would likely consume and I have concerns about replacement rates for that water. Point two B,a book by a California game warden tasked with discovery of illegal grows on wildlife areas called "War in the Woods",(I apologize for forgetting the authors name), details how present banned chemicals are at grows managed very similar to some I've seen here and in addition to those chemicals having an unknown effect on the users, they were often not disposed of properly and created a significant threat to native wildlife and ecosystems, requiring tax dollars to correct.
Point three, others have alluded to this already in part, but I'll add my perspective also, all foreign land ownership is a national security threat in my opinion. Coupled with the known Chinese nation's theory of "total war", I believe that is the cause for particular scrutiny on citizens of that county having indiscriminate use of our natural resources in any capacity, and specifically I believe that Oklahoma as a state entity may not be able to prevent all of that, but certainly we shouldn't make it easy on behalf of our own citizens. As a sub point I also don't like the land price competition for our citizens and people with what I consider more legitimate purposes.
Again, not intending to cause a stir with those who have a different opinion, just trying to add points I haven't seen as well developed.
I'm 100% with you on shutting down foreign ownership of U.S. soil.

On the rest of it, I say let freedom ring.

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
None of us on this forum are. To do so would constitute having a Hunter Biden situation the next time we filled out a 4473 -- and we cant have that

but danged if i wished the state could set guidelines for the appearance of these operations. A semi rural intersection a 1/2 mile from my mom's home has 2 shops on opposing corners -- Oklahoma Skunk Farm, and Mary Jane Store -- I dont have children, but i just imagine if i was a 10 year old, seeing the creative names, signage and colors would pique my interest

This mess is legal in Missouri for recreational use too , but you have to want to find a store to find it as signage is always discrete. Kind of like the states and municipalities who have guidelines on the height of business signs and billboards
You’re telling me you’re not a fan of all the weed shop advertisements everywhere? But they’re so colorful and creative. Mary Janes Dank Shop, High Society, etc…oh and let’s not forget the murals of weed icons like Bob Marley and Snoop Dogg. Clearly they make a solid argument that this is a medicinal element that needs to protected at all costs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom