Looks like OBN just nailed another foreigner bootlegging pot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The supply outweighs the demand, this has been a known issue. I also highly doubt most dispensaries are making any true profit considering they’re always empty. Also most of these grows are family run so no real jobs are being created.
What part of Economics 101 did you sleep through? All of it apparently. The demand is there or the illegal grows would not be happening. That demand for the illegal growers is leaving the state and not paying taxes of course so they are being targeted.
I personally know of 3 dispensaries that are banking a lot of profit but I cant speak for all of them obviously.
Family owned grows isnt true in all cases either.
Besides growing, there are independent labs that test each plant, thus jobs and good wages. There are people hired to do a litany of things from seed to sale.
That is not opinion, its facts but of course it doesnt cover every circumstance.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And how is it any different than in 1950, 1960, 1970...etc
Clue, it isnt any different.
It is. No attempt to hide it.

Stopped in a gun store recently and saw a couple outside getting high. They finished and then went inside to look at guns stinking likexweed, high as hell.

Yeah this is a good thing.... eyeroll. .

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tax it and tax it high, so high that the state income tax can go away. Might as well benefit everyone, if I have to smell it everywhere, I might as well get a benefit from it being "legal"
That is the same approach used by those proposing taxes on firearms and ammo. There are always those who feel the answer is to tax the “evil” actions of others.

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_2363.gif
    IMG_2363.gif
    31.8 KB · Views: 0

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What part of Economics 101 did you sleep through? All of it apparently. The demand is there or the illegal grows would not be happening. That demand for the illegal growers is leaving the state and not paying taxes of course so they are being targeted.
I personally know of 3 dispensaries that are banking a lot of profit but I cant speak for all of them obviously.
Family owned grows isnt true in all cases either.
Besides growing, there are independent labs that test each plant, thus jobs and good wages. There are people hired to do a litany of things from seed to sale.
That is not opinion, its facts but of course it doesnt cover every circumstance.
Clearly, I wasn’t the only one sleeping. The legal demand is no where near what legal grows are outputting, much less the need for so many grows. This has been analyzed and assessed both by OMMA and outside agencies. The illegal grows only exist because Oklahoma screwed the pooch when they allowed that abomination of a proposition to pass. Therefore unless the name is American Cannabis Company (in the metro) or just so happened to be in a small town with little to no competition you’re not making a profit. The majority of Grows are also not turning a profit and most are underselling their product because the demand is not their. Basic economics tells me that is a stupid business model and an even more stupid one to get into. The low number of jobs are not enough to justify all the bad it has brought in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom