Lt. Governor Jari Askins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is very true. Any more it seems the best we can hope for is the lesser of two evils ...

We can complain about that all we want, but the voters create that situation themselves. We had our chance for a Constitutionalist in Brogdon, but voters in Oklahoma decided against that. It's frustrating, but people are dumb.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We can complain about that all we want, but the voters create that situation themselves. We had our chance for a Constitutionalist in Brogdon, but voters in Oklahoma decided against that. It's frustrating, but people are dumb.

More than likely, if he had been able to get his name and message in front of more people, he would have gotten more than the 40% of the vote that he got. I had people still asking me who he was well into August... including some pretty active members of the Republican party. It's hard to compete when you raise over a year and a half the same amount that your opponent spends during the final week.

For what it's worth, I know some Canadian advisors and strategists are talking about his campaign as a relative success showing what they need to do for (and against) their underdog candidates.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After what the so called Pro-2nd Democratic Govenor Brad Henry did to us this last year I just can't bring myself to trust or vote for another democrat.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you guys know that she voted AGAINST conceal carry??

I am not talking about "open carry", I am talking about CONCEALLED carry ...

Uhhh wait a minute...

http://wwwtmrcom.blogspot.com/2010/09/askins-responds-to-concealed-carry.html

Whether she did or didn't I ain't voting for her. It's that whole "D" thing.

And just what the hell does hosting turkey hunts and shooting 19lb turkeys have to do with CCW anyway? I hate it when the politicos mix hunting and the 2A. :pissed:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uhhh wait a minute...

http://wwwtmrcom.blogspot.com/2010/09/askins-responds-to-concealed-carry.html

Whether she did or didn't I ain't voting for her. It's that whole "D" thing.

And just what the hell does hosting turkey hunts and shooting 19lb turkeys have to do with CCW anyway? I hate it when the politicos mix hunting and the 2A. :pissed:

Hmmm ... I am gonna go see if I can find "the vote" ... I just took someone else's word for it ... I know, I know ... my bad ...

Although in response to her "proof" that she supports conceal carry ... what has hunting got to do with conceal carry??

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shadowrider, I don't know ... I found this site that tracks voting records and cannot find any gun legislation that she voted on. Further, I am not sure where she gets off stating that she voted for "conceal to carry" when she was not in a voting office in 1971 when the Firearms Act was passed originally.

But then again, I have not done an exhaustive search of her record because for me it is just a drop in the bucket. Even if she has voted "yea" on gun issues I still would not be voting for her because of her overall philosophies.

http://votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=8806

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm ... I am gonna go see if I can find "the vote" ... I just took someone else's word for it ... I know, I know ... my bad ...

Although in response to her "proof" that she supports conceal carry ... what has hunting got to do with conceal carry??

Well I'd bet that after she's elected, she'd be all for those "REASONABLE" gun laws like they all seem to be. You know like the ones that restrict magazine capacity to 10 rounds and such? Those are reasonable. :rolleyes: :rolleyes2

Sorry, but I just don't trust them when they trot out their endorsements from the NRA (Harry Reid?) and pics of their birds that they took with their $2000 O/U shotguns...:nolike:

Now this is what I want them interested in. :naughty:

[Broken External Image]

Sorry had to do it. hehheh...

Latest posts

Top Bottom